Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ladies, would you ever "submit" to a man? watch

ReputationRep:
    When I talk about submission, I'm talking about it in the religious/cultural/societal context. In a relationship, would you submit to your man?

To be specific:
    If you were in a relationship, would you submit to your boyfriend/husband? As in, being second to him, letting him be head in the relationship, letting him be head/'man' of the household, letting him make all the decisions in the relationship, letting him have the final say, letting him decide stuff for you, letting him boss you around, doing as you are told by him, asking for his permission to do something/go somewhere, doing stuff for him ever if he is not obliged to do stuff back (e.g. you cook and clean for him even if he doesn't himself) etc. Sometimes sex may come into it e.g. he wants you to do certain things.

All in all, I'm talking about gender roles, and the notion that you should 'obey' your husband no matter what.

ReputationRep:
    If you loose in a lightsabre battle, you have no choice but to.
    Better take it and like it

ReputationRep:
    Follow his every comand?

ReputationRep:
    "Submit" in some weird sort of 50 Shades Of Grey way? Probably not :-/

ReputationRep:
    Submit an essay? Used to, at University.

ReputationRep:
    When I talk about submission, I'm talking about it in the religious/cultural/societal context, NOT 50 Shades Of Grey.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    What the **** does submit mean in this context?

ReputationRep:
    Ill submit myself to god not a man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    What the **** does submit mean in this context?
    (Original post by sugar_and_spice)
    "Submit" in some weird sort of 50 Shades Of Grey way? Probably not :-/
    When I talk about submission, I'm talking about it in the religious/cultural/societal aspect.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a lady and I wouldn't submit so disregard this post.

ReputationRep:
    I'll submit a reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dee Leigh)
    When I talk about submission, I'm talking about it in the religious/cultural/societal aspect.
    I think you have to be more specific. Give us an example?

ReputationRep:
    Define submit.

ReputationRep:
    In that aspect, no (although its kinda vague, a better definition might be better, examples?)

If I get married, it wouldn't be "love, honour and obey" it'd probably be "love honour and respect" Sexually, well what people do behind closed doors is nobody's business but theirs :innocent:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Haha, no. Never. Why should I? We're equal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edithwashere)
    In that aspect, no (although its kinda vague, a better definition might be better, examples?)

If I get married, it wouldn't be "love, honour and obey" it'd probably be "love honour and respect" Sexually, well what people do behind closed doors is nobody's business but theirs :innocent:
    This.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When I talk about submission, I'm talking about it in the religious/cultural/societal aspect
    Define, expand, explain pls.

ReputationRep:
    Only in the bedroom

Otherwise no one should be in charge of anyone else, mutual respect is a better way forward and the only one i am going to accept in my daily life and relationships with people.

ReputationRep:
    Not me personally, as it goes against my personal attitudes towards traditional gender roles. I feel very strongly resentful about submitting and giving them all the power in a relationship to someone just because they have a penis.

And if it means that he goes to work whilst I have to stay home, it makes me very vulnerable/dependent should the marriage become unstable for whatever reason. I think it is important to have a level of independence so that you are able to support yourself (or yourself and kids) if you end up on your own.

I have no idea what you mean in this context, but i have just got together with a guy and we have agreed that he is going to be in in charge and dominant whilst I will submit and do what he tells me....in and out the bedroom

I just like being controlled by a guy...sounds ridiculous I know.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.