Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
gooner88
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
wow.... i dont think my hand could even write for 10mins non stop... just hope your hand does break off during the exam :p:

im sure they allow you to take water into the exam and drink it when you want. i did last week during general studies
Carl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
if it's three by one hour exams you'll get about five minutes to pause during the changeover of papers. It's highly unlikely that you'll be allowed out to use the toilet (at least it was in my school), but you should be allowed a bottle of water and a snack that doesn't make noise (bar of chocolate or fruit).

And all those doing threexone hour exams: don't worry! This year I've had sixteen four hour exams, four of which were on consecutive days and the rest on Saturday mornings, so don't stress about your A levels becasue you'll find if you're working hard it really isn"t that long.
abu elabed
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
we have an arabic exam for 3 hours but you dont get a break (its part of the exam) but in arabic you have the choice of leaving in like after 2 hours
mtbab
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeh ure allowed to take water in and food aswell as long as its not in noisy wrapping such as crisps etc but like pick and mix sweet in those food bags would be ok. we get 5minutes between each module paper and we can go to the toilet but like the toilets are just down the stairs to the exam rooms so no doubt they'll send an inviligulator to stand outside the toilet or something so people cant sneak a phone call etc.
TwoDot
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You shouldn't be allowed out of the exam hall unless it's an emergency or something.

I can't believe some of you people are allowed to sit and eat in it. A bottle of water is OK but you don't need to eat. You do all that before the exam. You should be able to survive for three hours without eating.
*Sparkle*
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Last year during the chem exams there was a 20 minute break (at my school) for between paper 2 and paper 3
michaelbenson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bubblyboy)
You shouldn't be allowed out of the exam hall unless it's an emergency or something.

I can't believe some of you people are allowed to sit and eat in it. A bottle of water is OK but you don't need to eat. You do all that before the exam. You should be able to survive for three hours without eating.
If eating food helps to motivate someone within their examination then hey whatever it takes
Serenity
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm pooing my pants about my law exam. It is 3 hours and I basically have to write 9 essays. It is especially terrible for me because I have a real problem with timing and just want to get down as much info as possible in the 20mins we have for each. You have to structure each one like a proper essay as well - e.g. intro and conclusion. It is a real kick in the teeth that the law course is changing next year so the new year 12's can write in bullet points!
Carl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by pianist)
It's two 1 1/2 hour papers, so I think we will only get 1 break during the paper switches. Do you think they'll let you have a 5 min break and then make up for it at the end of the exam or do you think they will make the break included in the exam time? :confused:
paper switching shouldn't eat into the exam time. Two 2 1/2 hr papers will take approx three hours and ten minutes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (289)
37.73%
No - but I will (53)
6.92%
No - I don't want to (55)
7.18%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (369)
48.17%

Watched Threads