Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've applied for uni and have 5 offers for a joint honour in geography and planning, I've narrowed it down to Cardiff, Newcastle and Sheffield (all uni of) BUT now I really can't decide.

They're all good unis and technically regarding reputation and student life Sheffield ranks the best, but the city just didn't impress me that much and the halls seemed really far from uni/town. Cardiff is probably second best by reputation and say they have small teaching groups, it's also only about an hour away from where I live now so much easier to get to than Sheffield (3hours away) the the city/campus/halls are all close but didn't get much of a studenty vibe from the campus and wasn't impressed by the SU (Sheffield's was brand new). Newcastle is 5 hours from where I live and only a 45 minute flight, some of the accommodation is nice but I'm not sure my chances of getting in as the other not so nice accommodation takes most people, the campus was my favourite but city centre seemed a bit worse for wear, but it is all really compact and Newcastle is renowned for its nightlife. (they're all asking for the same grades as well)
    How can I make a decision?!
    Any help from anyone who is going or has been to any of these unis would be great, or even better doing planning or geography!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield. Greatest student's union in the world

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle!

ReputationRep:
    Endcliffe/ Ranmoor really arent that far away from Uni, it's downhill all the way, which is nice. On the way back, its mainly uphill, but you can always go 'sod that' and get the 120 back. Or, apply for City rather than the student villages when it comes to accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle hands down. Not sure what you mean by worse for wear but the shopping centre has just been built in the last few years and looks awesome plus you'd have Sunderland nearby and the MetroCentre.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.