Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello people, does anyone have any advise on what to chose for a 2013 October course? I am wanting an outdoors job and I am extremely interested in ecology and how natural areas form and how to sustain them. I am leaning towards Environmental science due to the fact two of the modules are Ecology systems and Geology. But I am wondering if the other modules are of relevance. I am confused! I understand the maths involved and want to explore that despite it being my pet hate, I know for my future career measuring and things are of huge importance.

ReputationRep:
    Also Archaeology interests me, and specifically Wolf conservation- but I have come to accept that has just a 'dream' job as I can see no route to get specifically into Wolf conservation.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, If you want to study the Environmental Science pathway I think you need to start with exploring science in October or maybe go for an open degree if you want to study different modules because then you can choose what you want, whichever way you would need to start with exploring science.

I would say pick which modules interest you the most to see which pathway is best but they change a lot.

Give the OU a ring they'll be able to tell you which is best.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.