Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,
    So Im really torn between the two universities and I have received offers for both studying Chemistry with a year in industry (AAB). I really like Sheffields accomodation and student union, however their labs were 'meh' from what I can remember ( although I could be wrong!:P), the department seemed friendly and there were opportunities to go abroad for my industrial placement year.
    However Manchester I feel perhaps has slightly a better reputation and the job prospects may be greater? (I am unsure whether I want to pursue the chemical field after my degree) and the city seems really really large and theres quite a high crime rate. However the standard of teaching, the refurbished labs and lecture theatres are brilliant and remind me of college. The accomodation isn't as nice as Sheffield and I haven't particularly taken a liking to it.

Help! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Does Sheffield come with a toilet? If so I would choose it over Manchaster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elshad)
    Does Sheffield come with a toilet? If so I would choose it over Manchaster
    Yeah their ensuite accomodation comes with one. Why would you choose Sheffield over it? :P

ReputationRep:
    anyone else please? decision needs to be made ASAP on UCAS :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mamma_mia123)
    anyone else please? decision needs to be made ASAP on UCAS :/
    You have until May 8th...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    You have until May 8th...
    i know, but it is first come first serve basis for accomodation from what i've heard and I just want it sorted.

ReputationRep:
    shefields way better mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craming Revision)
    shefields way better mate
    what makes you say that?:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mamma_mia123)
    Hi Guys,
    So Im really torn between the two universities and I have received offers for both studying Chemistry with a year in industry (AAB). I really like Sheffields accomodation and student union, however their labs were 'meh' from what I can remember ( although I could be wrong!:P), the department seemed friendly and there were opportunities to go abroad for my industrial placement year.
    However Manchester I feel perhaps has slightly a better reputation and the job prospects may be greater? (I am unsure whether I want to pursue the chemical field after my degree) and the city seems really really large and theres quite a high crime rate. However the standard of teaching, the refurbished labs and lecture theatres are brilliant and remind me of college. The accomodation isn't as nice as Sheffield and I haven't particularly taken a liking to it.

Help! Thanks

Where did you end up going and are you enjoying it?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.