Turn on thread page Beta

should 18 year old films be down graded to 16 or below watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Here I am! With more words of wisdom.

Yes, it is 21 everywhere (actually I think I'm right in saying there is a county somewhere in Pennsylvania that maintains the old "18" age limit provided it's only beer of x% or less)

Anyway, 21 seems too restrictive if you ask me. The more something is restricted the more it is desired; "forbidden fruit" I guess.That's why at 18 everyone in the UK suddenly "goes mental" when it comes to booze as the do at 21 in the US.
    The thing that is stupid about that is that you can buy a gun when you are 18. So which seems more dangerous.

Getting Drunk or Having a Gun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    The thing that is stupid about that is that you can buy a gun when you are 18. So which seems more dangerous.

Getting Drunk or Having a Gun
    Depends. I'm much more dangerous when I'm half cut behind the wheel of an SUV than I am when I'm blasting away on a gun range in a state of sobriety.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.