Synoptic papers Watch

Miss Amy
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
.............they actually suck monkeys!!! :cool:

who else is sick of them?

Personally im finding the Biology one alot easier than Chemistry at the moment. Maybe if they were just giving us the synoptic exam, it wouldnt be 2 bad but then theres other modules to complete+ i dont envy anyone who has 2 do resists, i must say!!

Anyone got any hints 2 share? Im making loads of spider diagrams +pictures for biology, but not sure how to revise synoptic chemistry efficently yet.

:suith:
lovelee-jublee
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes, they truly do! I am doing a synoptic in Biology (SNAB) and also one in PE (OCR) - as if it's not hard enough to revise this year's work, they want us to revise last year's as well! :eek:
matzzz_88
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i hate all synoptics.
they all are so damn hard. especially physix
Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yes, the biology ones provide the majority of the answers in the blurb!!

Chemistry is tough, thats all I can say
walalang
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by matzzz_88)
i hate all synoptics.
they all are so damn hard. especially physix

:ditto:

I hate Physics Unit 10 (synoptic)
Kyri
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Don't know about biology as I don't do it, but for chemistry just doing loads of unit 4, 5 and 6 papers made me good at the synoptic paper as it seems to involve stuff mainly from units 4 and 5. That's for edexcel by the way. All I seem to do is exam papers nowadays, but I tell you it really does help a lot. The physics synoptic paper I am finding quite hard though. Haven't quite cracked it yet.
Miss Amy
(Original post by Kyri)
Don't know about biology as I don't do it, but for chemistry just doing loads of unit 4, 5 and 6 papers made me good at the synoptic paper as it seems to involve stuff mainly from units 4 and 5. That's for edexcel by the way. All I seem to do is exam papers nowadays, but I tell you it really does help a lot. The physics synoptic paper I am finding quite hard though. Haven't quite cracked it yet.

Yeh Ive been doing that aswell, Ive made myself a synoptic folder in Chem now which is working out alright. I dont think making a single folder for bio will work though, theres soooo much!!
Gregorian IV
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sorry, but what are synoptic papers. I know i'm doing one for chemistry next year but what are they??
Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:eek:

The synoptic unit is a paper which can test any part(s) of the AS and A2 syllabus (usually a combination)
mhawk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
PHYSIX SYNOPTIC is KILLING ME!!!!THE questions are so dumb and random...ugh..
Gregorian IV
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mustard-man)
:eek:

The synoptic unit is a paper which can test any part(s) of the AS and A2 syllabus (usually a combination)
:eek: Oh dear God!!!!!!!!!1:eek:
Miss Amy
(Original post by Gregorian IV)
:eek: Oh dear God!!!!!!!!!1:eek:
aw bless you!!

I remember finding out about the synoptic and thinking "meh, cross that bridge wen i come 2 it".......kicking myself now! lol
=Keith=
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Untill i really did a synoptic paper i thought its not true that AS can also be tested lol
Shickles
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Miss Amy)
.............they actually suck monkeys!!! :cool:

who else is sick of them?

Personally im finding the Biology one alot easier than Chemistry at the moment. Maybe if they were just giving us the synoptic exam, it wouldnt be 2 bad but then theres other modules to complete+ i dont envy anyone who has 2 do resists, i must say!!

Anyone got any hints 2 share? Im making loads of spider diagrams +pictures for biology, but not sure how to revise synoptic chemistry efficently yet.

:suith:
i'm not doing any resits, but i think it's really useful because if you resit then you would have to revise the earlier modules more thoroughly, thus this would give you an advantage over those who don't resit who probably have forgotten most of that stuff!

for chem synoptic, i think you really need to understand your chemistry very well, be able to recall facts quickly and apply them to problems.

solution: DO AS MANY QUESTIONS AS YOU COULD!
Miss Amy
(Original post by Shickles)
i'm not doing any resits, but i think it's really useful because if you resit then you would have to revise the earlier modules more thoroughly, thus this would give you an advantage over those who don't resit who probably have forgotten most of that stuff!

for chem synoptic, i think you really need to understand your chemistry very well, be able to recall facts quickly and apply them to problems.

solution: DO AS MANY QUESTIONS AS YOU COULD!
i agree! my friends who are doing resits are doing much better at synoptic questions!

Has anyone else notcied that they really like organic in the chemistry synoptic. Im doing WJEC so that module to us is CH4
igloo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Actually the OCR Chem synoptic paper isn't that synoptic actually, it tests a lot of new knowledge. But I'm really struggling with the Bio synoptic revision- don't really know where to start. Any suggestions?
Miss Amy
At the moment the site is down, but ive been using page 84 from here;

http://www.ocr.org.uk/OCR/WebSite/Da...zgd90MmcAz.pdf

...its been pretty useful to me. Gives you topics....what ive done is ive read all about each one then done about a page or so for each (the best thing about it is it gives you the syllabus numbers) , and checked for any past paper questions on it.

Hope that helps
hakking
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think most of us dont need the synoptic paper to get an A (apart form Physics).
popop12345
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:ditto: PHYSICS 120 UMS AHHH!
paperheart
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
grrr Physics synoptic is so hard!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (302)
37.52%
No - but I will (61)
7.58%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (382)
47.45%

Watched Threads