Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I am little confused about choosing between Brunel and Queen Mary for MSc in Biomedical Engineering. Both have accepted me.

Queen Mary is ranked much higher than Brunel in the world's top universities

On the other hand, i thought that Brunel was better in engineering.

Which one of them is the best University for Biomedical Engineering?
    Thanks for the help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spyrous)
    Hi. I am little confused about choosing between Brunel and Queen Mary for MSc in Biomedical Engineering. Both have accepted me.

Thanks for the help.
    Hey i was in the same position, i'm holding offers from both those universities in aerospace engineering. I'm choosing brunel as it's better in engineering. The facilities are better, and the placement years are better. Brunel also ranks higher in the employability after 6 months and starting salary stats and those are important to me.

I'm not saying you should go brunel but those are the points that made me choose them.

I suggest you go and visit both though might help you out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuze-mo25)
    Hey i was in the same position, i'm holding offers from both those universities in aerospace engineering. I'm choosing brunel as it's better in engineering. The facilities are better, and the placement years are better. Brunel also ranks higher in the employability after 6 months and starting salary stats and those are important to me.

I'm not saying you should go brunel but those are the points that made me choose them.

I suggest you go and visit both though might help you out.

Thank you very much for your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spyrous)

Thanks for the help.

Hey Spyrous! Im actually in the same exact situation for the MSc. in BME. So maybe we are future colleagues I also have an offer from Surrey.

From the research that I've done so far I think that Queen Mary is more research based and Brunel is more industry based. They both offer different courses (modules). To be honest, I'd love to take courses from both Queen Mary and Brunel. In the end it depends where you want to go and what you want to learn about. Queen Mary also has a hospital on campus and a reputable Medical school, while Brunel is more famous for its Mechanical engineering, but also has a very good Business school and many BME students did their dissertations in hospitals. Queen Mary is also part of the Russel Group and the University of London.

Just recently Brunels formula team won 3rd place (http://www.brunel.ac.uk/__data/asset...s-2-scores.pdf).

I wouldn't go too much by the official rankings as BME is a mixture of medicine and engineering and a new field, although they may be a good indicator of the programs foundation and evolution. Just see how each curriculum fits your goals

Personally I really like both, as I want to combine research and industry in my career, so its a tricky choice.

Anyway, let me know if you have any more news, questions, and what was/is/will be your final decision!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.