Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm resitting my Chemistry 1, Biology 1 and Physics 1 exams (I'm with AQA) in June and it's been a long time since I learnt any content about them. I have no idea what I need to know, should I just look at the specification for each one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beat)
    I'm resitting my Chemistry 1, Biology 1 and Physics 1 exams (I'm with AQA) in June and it's been a long time since I learnt any content about them. I have no idea what I need to know, should I just look at the specification for each one?
    Get CGP books, past papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneakbo2)
    Get CGP books, past papers.
    I got the AQA revision guides as they're specifically for my exams. I just don't know what it is relevant and what isn't. I don't want to learn everything, it's pointless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beat)
    I got the AQA revision guides as they're specifically for my exams. I just don't know what it is relevant and what isn't. I don't want to learn everything, it's pointless.
    These books are really good so you should be able to do well with them! However, if you want to do well in your exam you'll have to learn all the unit 1 things in case they come up! It should be clear on the contents page which bits you need to revise!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    It's definitely possible for you to self teach all those modules. All you need is the textbook, cgp revision guide and some past papers.

You can check this website which has all the videos for science.

http://www.my-gcsescience.com/

ReputationRep:
    Get the CPG book, if you learn all of the content and then practice using past exam papers. You will get a high grade - the CPG books are very good as they summarize the information in an interesting way. My physics teacher is rubbish but with learning P2 and P1 myself I achieved an A in both exams. There is nothing in the CPG books that is useless or pointless and it only contains relevant information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zed963)
    It's definitely possible for you to self teach all those modules. All you need is the textbook, cgp revision guide and some past papers.

You can check this website which has all the videos for science.

http://www.my-gcsescience.com/
    Thank you and those videos are very useful!

(Original post by Peace&Love)
    Get the CPG book, if you learn all of the content and then practice using past exam papers. You will get a high grade - the CPG books are very good as they summarize the information in an interesting way. My physics teacher is rubbish but with learning P2 and P1 myself I achieved an A in both exams. There is nothing in the CPG books that is useless or pointless and it only contains relevant information.
    Thanks, I suppose I'll try that method.

(Original post by A future Midwife)
    These books are really good so you should be able to do well with them! However, if you want to do well in your exam you'll have to learn all the unit 1 things in case they come up! It should be clear on the contents page which bits you need to revise!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    You can the CPG books very cheap on amazon

ReputationRep:
    Do as many past papers as you can possibly find and go through every question using the mark scheme this will help you structure your answers and you can learn so much from the mark schemes also make sure that your knowledge of your text books is thorough and CGP guides are brilliant to revise from good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I practically ended up teaching myself these units due to poor teachers it really easy to do!!!
    GET THE AQA REVISION GUIDE
    LEARN IT
    MEMORISE IT
    GET THE SYLABBUS ON THE AQA WEBSITE - details every key fact you need to know - LEARN THEM - KNOW THEM ALL!!!
    DO PAST PAPERS

ReputationRep:
    I retook Chemistry 1 and Biology 1 in January and got better grades.
    To revise I used: past papers, notes I made, AQA revision guide, samlearning.com and also asked my teachers if I could come back after school 1 day every week for extra help...also remember to stress less because I think it helped me a lot! Good luck!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.