Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got to make a handout on state provision as a form of government intervention. I have no idea what this is so can someone tell me what it is and give examples. Thanks!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doc7)
    Got to make a handout on state provision as a form of government intervention. I have no idea what this is so can someone tell me what it is and give examples. Thanks!!!
    Surely you know what state provision and government intervention are?

Use google.

ReputationRep:
    How useless is that..

Making handouts a month before the exam

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the length! It is what the government provide- i think it means things like public education and a national healthservice (just remember there are other private versions too. Maybe street lighting as well because it is hard to charge people for use them- public goods i think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    State provision of:

- Merit goods - Any good which has a positive extern - Public goods (where there is a missin problem)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Government (G) Intervention is when the G interviene to correct Market Failure. One example is State provision e.g Healthcare. They can spend money on the NHS and increase productivity of the economy as less people take sick days and Life expectancy (working age) will increase.
    However, you can argue that there are opportunity cost (value of the next best alternative forgone) as this money can not be spent on Education. Also, this may worsen the fiscal deficit and may lead to government borrowing which could lead to a recession. Finally, the increase in productivity depends on the magnitude in spending as if it is small then it will not have a big effect on productivity. Vice Versa

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.