Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need some urgent help guys,

right, whenever I revise, i get so stressed if I can't remember or understand things, that I try to remember everything and I know I can't do that. and it get me frustrated and scared that i would do bad in May/June exams and then I sometimes lose concentration.

I feel that I need to learn and remember everything that I get cheesed if about it if I can't do it and it gets me frustrated and angry, with really bad headaches. I feel that I have a lot of expectation to do well in May/June exams as i done well in my January exams.

I feel as I can't revise properly at all and I try to remember everything when I know that I need to understand it and I try to learn everything as quickly a possible and I know it is wrong to do that.

What should I do and help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    first of all, no matter how hard it may seem.... relax
    i too suffer from high expectations, both from lecturers and teachers, so i try to learn everything and anything in fear of failure

what i best find helps me when revising essay based subjects (law, history) is to make my notes (written), then type them into a powerpoint, and then a poster. then i'll get my mum to go through it with me first off, and gradually into test mode. it's worked a treat so far!

(Original post by jopkins)
    first of all, no matter how hard it may seem.... relax
    i too suffer from high expectations, both from lecturers and teachers, so i try to learn everything and anything in fear of failure

what i best find helps me when revising essay based subjects (law, history) is to make my notes (written), then type them into a powerpoint, and then a poster. then i'll get my mum to go through it with me first off, and gradually into test mode. it's worked a treat so far!
    I do economics and I've written about half of my notes up, but i do't really think that it works as I am basically rewording my textbook and I think I should stop writing them up, do you think that it is a good idea?

(for my unit 1 test, i writ no notes up but i just practiced the 25 mark q and asked my teacher to mark them for me, which I thinked worked to an 0extent)

ReputationRep:
    Only you can know whats working or not, try to reword the text book if your set on that method, you will find it a lot easier to learn that way :-) I also find researching aswell helps, trying to find something different to everyone in my answer.... Not to sure if this applies to economics!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Try not to worry about it! As long as you're revising, the information will be sinking in! It will just be a subconscious thing and you won't be aware of how much you're absorbing! Don't stress too much about it (although I know that's nearly impossible) and just relax! The more relaxed you are, the more you'll learn!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.