Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Terrible of how Vulnerable Love is making me Feel watch

Announcements

So I'm in my final year at University and swore blind it would be a year of studying with no romantic distractions. Lo and behold the beginning of September I meet the most wonderful guy and we have been dating ever since. We admitted at Christmas that we are in love but this is making me feel increasingly vulnerable.

He will be starting an intensive masters course next year. I haven't yet decided whether I'm going to do a masters but if not the thought of returning home makes me feel so worried. I know we love each other but if the distance comes between us I honestly don't know what Ill do without. We're both independent, we have our own lives and don't depend on one another but the thought of splitting apart should we become long distance is consuming me with worry.

Just wondered if anyone has any advice / been in a similar situation?

ReputationRep:
    I know its not really the same thing, but Ive recently got in a relationship and again im in my final year and will be moving back home- he lives in the city. He also told me his last long distance relationship failed because he cant do it.

The good thing for us is we dont live too far (like 2 hours) and we both drive so hopefully can see each other.

How far are you going to be next year if you move home?

The best thing to do is not worry about it- easier said than done, I know

*the title should say Terrified! Not sure if mods can change that...

ReputationRep:
    try stay together as much as possible. My experience from these things is that distance will not be a good thing for a relationship of this intensity.

(Original post by pinkangelgirl)
    I know its not really the same thing, but Ive recently got in a relationship and again im in my final year and will be moving back home- he lives in the city. He also told me his last long distance relationship failed because he cant do it.

The good thing for us is we dont live too far (like 2 hours) and we both drive so hopefully can see each other.

How far are you going to be next year if you move home?

The best thing to do is not worry about it- easier said than done, I know
    An hour and a half train wide away but it's just the fact that he's going to be so busy

Make sure it lasts.

I broke up with someone last year. I'm going to try and get back together with them next week.

If they say no, I'm seriously contemplating taking my life - I can't bear the thought of her saying no and then moving on with someone else.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.