Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have done hours of research on my diet for cutting and worked out this plan for the next 12 weeks as I have had a 12 week successful bulk (putting on 28lbs and increased strength greatly).

Currently working 5 days per week
    Mon:Chest/Lats
    Tuesday:Legs
    Wednesday:Biceps/Triceps
    Thursday: Shoulders/Traps
    Friday:Cardio (40mins)

I rest 45seconds between sets to keep blood pumping so it acts as cardio, meaning I only choose to do 40min cardio session once per week.

My current stats:
    Weight: 192lbs
    Height: 6ft 2in
    BMR: 3200kcal for maintenance
    I have been bulking properly for 3 months (correct diet/supps/training) but have been lifting on and off for over a year.

The diet I have worked out is:
    Protein: 220g
    Carbs: 174g
    Fats: 80g
    Kcal: 2250

I know its a big deficit but it allows me to have a cheat meal once per week.

Anybody who has an opinion on this, feel free to post any opinions on it and improvements that I could think about.

ReputationRep:
    uhm I think it souds pretty good though why dont you have one of your rest days during the week (wednesday for example) instead of having two consecutive ones during the weekend??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't have a donkeys how rest periods are acting as cardio but yeah. I wouldn't cut so sharply but it's obviously personal preference, are you cutting in time for something? I'd rather implement small "cheats" into your daily macros instead of over enduldging on one huge cheat meal, seems counter productive to me.

Edit: Macros are gud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhaden)
    Don't have a donkeys how rest periods are acting as cardio but yeah. I wouldn't cut so sharply but it's obviously personal preference, are you cutting in time for something? I'd rather implement small "cheats" into your daily macros instead of over enduldging on one huge cheat meal, seems counter productive to me.

Edit: Macros are gud.
    Its because my cardio is football on a friday night (5 a-side) so I have that as my cardio.

It is because I am endomorph so I find it hard to cut stubborn fat and want to get ripped for summer as I am going on holiday. And the "cheat meal" will not be a huge one, just something small as personally I am not fussed for junk food/fast food so im not bothered by many small cheat meals regularly.

Thanks for your opinion anyway (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW)
    Its because my cardio is football on a friday night (5 a-side) so I have that as my cardio.

It is because I am endomorph so I find it hard to cut stubborn fat and want to get ripped for summer as I am going on holiday. And the "cheat meal" will not be a huge one, just something small as personally I am not fussed for junk food/fast food so im not bothered by many small cheat meals regularly.

Thanks for your opinion anyway (:
    Fair enough, see to many people having 2-3k calories cheat meals then messing up their deficit, going over maintenance and end up putting on weight.

Anyways good luck with your goals mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhaden)
    Fair enough, see to many people having 2-3k calories cheat meals then messing up their deficit, going over maintenance and end up putting on weight.

Anyways good luck with your goals mate.
    Yeah I see what you mean, my cheat may only be like 500kcal which even added to my deficit, still keeps a good 300-500kcal deficit.

Thanks bro.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.