Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am an international student and i have applied to 5 different universities in the UK for masters. So far i have only heard back from 2. One of them requires accepting the offer very soon but i do not want to make any final decisions before i hear back from all the universities. Is it possible to accept more than one offer? or accept an offer and decline it later if i choose not to go there?

If any one knows what the rules are for accepting offers please let me know i would greatly appreciate your help.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's fairly common to accept lots of offers and only take one They'll understand

ReputationRep:
    This is possible unless they ask for a deposit, and I've done it before myself -- I didn't feel particularly nice about doing it, but that's life I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Even if they ask for a deposit you can still accept the place, pay the deposit and decline the place later if you need to. You'll just lose the deposit.

It's pretty common for Masters students to drop out at short notice before the start of the course. There's little postgrad funding available in the UK these days, and what there is, is insanely competitive. Many applicants find that they simply can't raise the money.

ReputationRep:
    Adcoms are familiar with the 'summer melt' when admitted applicants decline to enroll due to better offers, funding problems or visa. The % yield of accepted applicants has declined in recent years. Don't worry, you won't break adcoms' hearts.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.