Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Am I entitled to 1 years no claim bonus? watch

ReputationRep:
    I passed my driving test 6th July 2012. I had a big car crash and the car was a wrote off. It was just me involved so I didn't claim against it.

I'm looking at getting a new car in the summer and on the insurance when it asks for no claims, do I put 1 or 0 as I haven't drove for nearly 6 months...
    Bit confused.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    You only get one years no claims if you've been insured for one year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camoxide)
    You only get one years no claims if you've been insured for one year.
    ^This, although an 'annual' motor insurance policy may actually be 9,10 or 11 months as well, which would also give you a full years no claims bonus.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by bethany_gill)
    I passed my driving test 6th July 2012. I had a big car crash and the car was a wrote off. It was just me involved so I didn't claim against it.

I'm looking at getting a new car in the summer and on the insurance when it asks for no claims, do I put 1 or 0 as I haven't drove for nearly 6 months...
    Bit confused.

Thanks!
    If you have had car insurance for a year, then you will have 1 years no claims.
    So, if you still have the car insurance running on the old car (i.e. you didnt cancel the car insurance after you crashed your car) then when the policy is up, you will have a years no claims. And the insurance company will send you a certificate saying that when they send you a renewal quote through.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.