Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Me and my boyfriend broke up last july but until last month we'd still been on and off and then I thought it was going somewhere and he suddenly ended all of it. We argued quite a bit but I thought it was sorted and then he blocked my number and facebook and everything! I had no idea why and eventually got hold of him just for him to tell me he hated me and never wanted to see or speak to me again!
    Its made me so miserable and I still don't understand what happened! He cheated on me when we were together and he's friends with the girl on facebook again so now I wonder whether they're together again.
    I'm back at uni again now and we live really close to each other, I had a crap time in my first year and basically relied on him so I don't have loads of friends here but I cant move on.
    I know people will think its easy when someone acts like that to hate them but I cant and im terrified of seeing him and just need advice on how to deal with it and move on?

I completely understand where you're coming from, been through this exact same thing, where you know he's being a jackass, you know he's horrible to you and you know he isn't worth it at all, but you still can't let go right? This sucks, massively, and it will take you a while to move on, it's not just a click of the fingers 'oh he treated me badly, i hate him, next!' and as you said many people won't understand that. Personally, I found completely starting again to be the best way of coping, so you basically act as though he never happened, go to lectures and be as though it's your first day, friendly and open and you will soon make new friends, and then when you go out with them and have fun it will be like he never even existed, you can rely on your friends instead of him. Don't do anything that will remind you of him, or make you doubt yourself and think he was actually nice and you want him back, you have to resist resorting back to checking his facebook or looking to see if he's still blocked you, it will just make things worse. For me, it was in the evenings when i normally spent hours every day talking to him on facebook, when he suddenly wasn't there and i had all this time free, that was the worst bit because thats what made me pine for him. You need to fill your time, find new friends and new hobbies (or actually do some work in my case) and you will find that, although you thought you needed him so much, you are actually much more independent and strong without him
    I'm so sorry youre in this situation and I really hope it gets better for you soon, and I hope this helped
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2013
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.