Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'll cut to the point. I did badly in my first AS year (2010-2011). I retook the year (2011-2012) with Psychology, History and Film Studies (Film was an A2).

My results were A, A, B. I'm predicted A* for Psychology and A for History (which for is 2012-2013..my third year). I've already got a grade B in Film A2, so that's done. And an EPQ at grade A on social psychology.

My GCSES are: 5 As (English Lit, Lang, Maths, Music, History) 4 Bs (Science, Additional Science, ICT and Computing) ...and a D in Spanish.

Do I stand a chance of getting into say.. UCL, Kings, LSE, Nottingham, Durham, Manchester to do Psychology or Anthropology with grades of A*AB AND being a 3rd year A-Level student?

ReputationRep:
    Just send an email to the admission departments and explain your circumstances and ask politely what your chances are of being accepted.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think it really matters if you're a 3rd year student a lot of people i know ended up doing a 3rd year and got into uni, if anything it shows your determination. Check what your offers are and even then contact them to see if you can get a more personal offer specific to you and your circumstances. Email is the best as then if they do offer you its in black and white and thy cant go back on it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It's unlikely you'll get into Durham or UCL and any others that ask for AAA/A*AA as you don't meet the requirements.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.