Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How is it? How many other men are on your course/at your school? For those starting in September, how you feeling?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not doing the PGCE but I'm a guy starting the BA (ed) course in September. I'm feeling a bit nervous because out of all 6 of my interview days at the universities I applied for, there was only one other guy. I don't want to be surrounded constantly by all females, (not that there's anything wrong with them!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thatstudentdude)
    I'm not doing the PGCE but I'm a guy starting the BA (ed) course in September. I'm feeling a bit nervous because out of all 6 of my interview days at the universities I applied for, there was only one other guy. I don't want to be surrounded constantly by all females, (not that there's anything wrong with them!).
    Yeah at my interview there were only two men out of 16 interviewees. I definitely think it helped me get in but I just hope there's a good number of men around me on the course and at the schools I get placed in because as a guy you'd naturally feel a lot more at ease.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Yeah at my interview there were only two men out of 16 interviewees. I definitely think it helped me get in but I just hope there's a good number of men around me on the course and at the schools I get placed in because as a guy you'd naturally feel a lot more at ease.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I completely agree, you want to be around both sexes! You need the variety! I think the fact I was one of the only males also boosted my chances and helped me with all of my offers, helped me to stand out more in a crowd of girls!

ReputationRep:
    In my interview there were four guys out of twelve interviewees

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thatstudentdude)
    Yeah I completely agree, you want to be around both sexes! You need the variety! I think the fact I was one of the only males also boosted my chances and helped me with all of my offers, helped me to stand out more in a crowd of girls!
    Hope it'll help when it comes to applying for NQT positions

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's a shortage of men in primary teaching, so you'll be very lucky to have an equal ratio of male:female on your course and in the schools.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shelly_x)
    There's a shortage of men in primary teaching, so you'll be very lucky to have an equal ratio of male:female on your course and in the schools.
    I know there won't be an equal ratio of men and women but I've heard some guys they're the only male at their school. I'd just like there to be a handful of men as it will most certainly help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.