Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Basically met a girl first year of uni, started going out.

We broke up over something I did (I don't want to go into it)

I absolutely adore her and think she's amazing. It's been six months or so now since we broke up. I'm going to ask her later this week if she'd consider getting back together with me.

I feel like I'll never find anyone like her again. It took me years to find someone who would love me and stupidly I threw it all away.

She's absolutely perfect in every single way - will I ever feel this way about anyone ever again?

ReputationRep:
    You will. I can say that with certainty. I went through the same thing only I was the one who was broken up with, but not over something I did. It was a 'It's not you, it's me' situation. I thought I would never fall in love again. Then 4 years later (last october) I started talking to someone. I wasn't even looking for love, having thought that maybe I wouldn't find it again and now, 6 months since starting chatting and 4 months since officially going out, I am head over heals. I never thought I would fall in love again and that my ex was perfect. Sometimes it takes time and patience as well as trust in someone else, to make you realise that the perfection you think you had may not have been really as wonderful as it first appeared.

You WILL fall in love again. I know just how much a broken heart can hurt but they say 'time heals' and it really truly does.

Don't give up on love because even if you're not looking for it, at some point it will sneak into your life again without you even realising.

Poppybird19 x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.