Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Unsure about whether my results are good or not watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I know this was a while ago but I am referring to the C2, P2 and B2 exams that I did in January for AQA GCSE science, and on March 7 I got the results. I had done around 40 hours of revision in total, and having had an A* in Biology last year and an A in Chemistry and Physics, I was hoping to get at least two A*'s this year.
    Unfortunately, when I opened my results card, I found I had not received a single A*. I had 3 A's.
    I had 86 UMS points in Biology, 87 in Chemistry and 88 in Physics.
    Since then I've been wondering if these results are relatively good or bad. I was disappointed with these results, as I tried my very very best, and I didn't get one A*. Then I looked at the results thread and saw everyone had got like 97 and 95 and stuff like that. And comparing results with a lot of people in my class, a considerable number got A*s too.
    HOWEVER, the number of A's and A*'s in our entire school dropped this year. 90% of people were disappointed with at least one of their results.
    I am disappointed with all three of them for the following reasons:
    Biology: Needed 87 UMS to stay at A*, got 86.
    Chemistry: Made a tonne of stupid mistakes. Could have got an A*.
    Physics: Thought I had done really well on that and found it really easy.

So I am just wondering, should I resit? Are these marks actually bad?

ReputationRep:
    Good/bad is something that depends on a lot of factors, and will obviously change from person to person. The most important thing for you to consider is: will you get the grade you want in each of those? That is what you should consider when thinking about doing retakes.

ReputationRep:
    God Dammit those aren't bad marks.

Unfortunately for you, you can no longer actually resit them in the summer.
    The deadline has already ended for the applications to resit.

You may still be able to have the biology one remarked (for like £45) not sure when the deadline is.

ReputationRep:
    Whether a result is good or not is dependant on your personal expectations. If you really want A*'s, then obviously you would be disappointed. If you were expecting a B, then an A is good. If you feel that you have not met your personal expectations then I would consider resitting.

I think while we are trying to get A*'s it is hard to remember than an A grade is still good.

Edit: Not actually sure if the resit deadline has passed actually...

ReputationRep:
    Are you seriously asking if 3 As are bad?

Wow.

ReputationRep:
    It's just that everyone here got like 96 and 92 and 98 and stuff like that and looking on these forums I feel as dumb as a post.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.