Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I was just wondering if anyone had any advise please.
    I am naturally dark brown and have died my hair with koleston 12/0 and 12% peroxide for the last 13 years. I was recently sick of being blonde and so approximately 1/2 months ago I decided to have some darker lowlights put through my hair. As my hair was a bit orangey near the roots, the hairdresser put in a few bleach blonde highlights around the crown area to get rid of the brassy tones... I was advised by my hairdresser to continue dying my roots with 10/1 koleston this time and had the low lights and few bleach highlights through my hair twice over the last 2 1/2 months.
    I decided I wanted to go dark so used xxl chocolate colour and within 10 days used the xxl colour to go black.... I did these at home ...
    I absolutely hated it and now want to go back to my blonde again. I have used the colour b4 remover which took it a gingery colour and then I put a loreal paris recital preference 10.1 straight over it. I have done this today. My hair is now a very dull brown colour. Please can someonw advise how I can get back to blonde. I really didnt want to use bleach all over but am tempted to run to the chemist after work tomorrow and buy some bleach to get it back blonde... is there another way of getting it back blonde... any advise would be greatly appreciated xxx

ReputationRep:
    Did you use the Colour B4 extra strength? I'm sure that you can use this twice without damaging your hair too much (double check the box/leaflet!), so if you haven't already, then use Colour B4 for a second time instead of bleach. If you have already tried this, or if it doesn't work, then just go back to your hairdresser. It might cost a bit more, but if you bleach it yourself then you might cause the colour to go funny, or you could really damage your hair, especially because it seems that you have used a lot of dye in a short space of time. You could just chat to your hairdresser and ask for advise or you could ask them to fix it for you.

Hope this helps x

ReputationRep:
    No I used the ordinary strength colour b4, I have got the extra strength one on as we speak, Im hoping this works this time and yes I think a trip to the hairdressers will be in order thank you very much for your advice xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellyk25)
    No I used the ordinary strength colour b4, I have got the extra strength one on as we speak, Im hoping this works this time and yes I think a trip to the hairdressers will be in order thank you very much for your advice xx
    I made the same mistake as you, used colour b4, dyed it straight after and it went a dull dark colour. I then put colour b4 extra on it and it looked a state so i ended up in my hairdressers anyway and she did it perfectly with their bleach and dye. So you might be lucky with the colour b4 extra but i'd advise a trip to your hairdresser if you have the spare cash!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.