Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

No sex drive at all.... anyone feel the same? watch

I am a 17 year old girl, and am quite an extrovert. I have lots of friends and know alot of people. Not only do i have a low sex drive for any kind of sexual activity(inc. masturbation) but i do not find anyone attractive, ever (at least since i can remember)

does anyone have any advice?

My advice would be just accept it. Not everyone has a high sex drive, or indeed any sex drive. If you feel like sexual and romantic relationships don't need to be a part of your life, then they don't. It's your life and you get to decide who's in it and what type of relationship you have with them. Some people might think that's weird or judge you for it; screw them, they don't get to tell you how to live your life.

You might want to do a bit of reading on asexuality and the experience of asexual people. Asexuality is a sexual orientation (or non-orientaton) characterised by lack of sexual desire and attraction, and you might have common experiences with asexual people.

Alternatively, you might just not have met the right person yet.

I was kinda like this for a while.

I never masturbated until i was like 21! Then i went through a phase of doing it about 5 times a week. And now again i rarely do it.

However, my sex drive goes through phases, sometimes its completely none existent and recently its been high as a kite (though i have just got a new boyfriend )

But when I was 17 I didnt have 1 either, not until i was a bit older.....and even then it couldnt really show because i was in a relationship with someone i didnt even like lol

Just a question though, are you on any medication of any sorts? SSRIs, depression meds? It's a common side effect, if you are.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2013
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.