Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have recently finished making my product design project in which I made a large studio desk. However, now is the time for the write up of the folder. I have always been bad at the ever since doing food technology in GCSE and got a U for my folder last year due to lack of detail, whilst getting an A for my making. Has anyone got any helpful documents or past folders that they have done or any help whatsoever into what I can include/put into my folder work. Many thanks in advance for the help

ReputationRep:
    I would like this as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Battered Burrito)
    I have recently finished making my product design project in which I made a large studio desk. However, now is the time for the write up of the folder. I have always been bad at the ever since doing food technology in GCSE and got a U for my folder last year due to lack of detail, whilst getting an A for my making. Has anyone got any helpful documents or past folders that they have done or any help whatsoever into what I can include/put into my folder work. Many thanks in advance for the help

A guessing it's your AS right, am in the final stages of my AS folder and nearly full marks on my folder work... A doing DT product design: resistant material so its similar i guess.. Do you know what exam board your with? Maybe I can help

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mr-dt.com/designing/pdcourseworkdocs.htm here's one of the website that was quite helpful in terms of some thing that you need to include... I know it's for GCSE but it will get you started and you just have to make it more detail as its for AS

Look for the course specification on the exam board website, there should be info on there on what you need to have.

ReputationRep:
    Im actually doing A2 haha, ive never been good at write ups but the link you gave me is very useful thanks, i believe im with AQA for the course

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, yeah am with edexcel... Am doing the AS and A2 this year XD am half way through my A2 folder

ReputationRep:
    How many pages should i aim for roughly/how many do you have so far?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an example word document file they're willing to upload, obviously without they're candidate name, number or centre number just to give me a little kick start I'm what I should aim to be writing as the links provided are for gcse and my teacher always say I don't include enough detail. Many thanks in advance and will always repay the favour if someone helps me at least get a C

ReputationRep:
    So far I have 30 A3 pages so far... The max I should have is 40

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, that give me a target to aim for. Thank you so much for you help, highly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    What have you decided to make for your A2 product?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.