Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday me and my bf smoked a joint. His friend gave him some strong weed to try out for free to see if he liked it. This.was.some.strong.****. It was fine at first, abit giggly, the usuals. And then I start getting paronoid. I'm tripping out. My heart is beating a millie a second and I feel faint and sick. I tell my bf I don't feel well and when he asks why, his face is twisted and evil and his voice has changed.

It was ****ed up. I called my best friend, scared and he's trying to calm me down but then I hear him whisper in a dark voice "go kill yourself" and I hang up. (he didn't really of course, I was hallucinating !) I ran out of the house in a just a jump suit. There i am 3am on a London high street, bare foot, screaming down 999 for help because my boyfriend is "about to kill me". I have never been paro before and I wasn't even uncomfortable with my bf before smoking so this is so random.

Eventually I got back in the house, I asked for a ambulance and the popo came instead. They came because of a reported assuault but they saw I was fine and just said to calm down and left. They disturbed one of the housemates, later she burst in the room saying we woke her up, people have work etc.

But my boyfriend had work too. He didn't know I was going to trip out, he works 11-14 hours a day as a chef, he wanted to ****ing sleep too ! The roomate called the landlord and now they have a meeting tomorrow. If she is still pissed off, he can be kicked out and his £2,000 deposit won't be given back. He has no money for another deposit and lives week to week. If he get's kicked out he will have to move back to his parents, abroad.

Please help, I still don't feel all there tbh. I need to help him. The only electronical device i have to sell is my laptop and I will if it helps him but I don't I can even get £50 for it. It's a ****ty notebook not worth £100 now.
    Does anyone know if he has rights ? What help he can get about this situation ? I feel terrible and still slightly paro, please don't negg me for this.

ReputationRep:
    He cannot be kicked out! He will have to be given notice and his deposit back minus any damages.

Is he is in a fixed term contract say 12 month tenancy or rolling tenancy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharp910sh)
    He cannot be kicked out! He will have to be given notice and his deposit back minus any damages.

Is he is in a fixed term contract say 12 month tenancy or rolling tenancy?
    I really hope so ! He rents a room and his contract runs out in May. There were no damages to the room, just a disturbance that pissed one of the HM's off

ReputationRep:
    Talk to Frank

http://www.talktofrank.com

0800 77 66 00

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OingoBoingo)
    I really hope so ! He rents a room and his contract runs out in May. There were no damages to the room, just a disturbance that pissed one of the HM's off
    If it runs out in May then the contract turns into a rolling contract, and must give him 2 months notice to leave.

If he has caused no damage they cannot take his money. Is his money held in a Tenancy deposit protection scheme or in the landlord's bank account?

ReputationRep:
    Next time don't do drugs. Relax, just apologise and explain what happend and make sure you won't do it again, and make the promise to them that you won't and then you won't be kicked out hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, speak to the housemate - explain that it was totally your fault (whether it was or wasn't, she can't do anything to you), and try to calm her down / come to some agreement.

To be honest, it seems unlikely that a sane housemate would get your boyfriend kicked out over one incident. Has anything like this happened before? If so then it's not your fault, and if not then she might just want to scare him / make a complaint known. Who told you he could be kicked out? I would fight that with everything you've got - I don't know the details of his contract, but it sounds dodgy to me.

Don't get too upset. You seem well meaning, and it's a horrible thing to happen, but you didn't know you would react like that. Just be aware of it in the future, and let him know how bad you feel, and how much you want to help.

Also, calling the landlord before speaking to your boyfriend personally is extremely rude in my opinion, even if the housemate was in the right (assuming this is the first time).

ReputationRep:
    u need to help him then dont you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octohedral)
    Firstly, speak to the housemate - explain that it was totally your fault (whether it was or wasn't, she can't do anything to you), and try to calm her down / come to some agreement.

To be honest, it seems unlikely that a sane housemate would get your boyfriend kicked out over one incident. Has anything like this happened before? If so then it's not your fault, and if not then she might just want to scare him / make a complaint known. Who told you he could be kicked out? I would fight that with everything you've got - I don't know the details of his contract, but it sounds dodgy to me.

Don't get too upset. You seem well meaning, and it's a horrible thing to happen, but you didn't know you would react like that. Just be aware of it in the future, and let him know how bad you feel, and how much you want to help.

Also, calling the landlord before speaking to your boyfriend personally is extremely rude in my opinion, even if the housemate was in the right (assuming this is the first time).
    Thanks for your reply, and everyone else that responded to my call for help

Yesterday he spoke to his Landlord and he has to be out by the 11th, so next week Monday. Which is fine, we have time and the most important thing is he get's his deposit back. I'm still in shock from my "trip", I think it was silvia we smoked and not normal weed. He's forgiven me and still loves me...crazy I know. Phew, everything is going to be alright

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.