Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have just read somewhere that if you apply for student loan you dont get the bursary and that from the NHS, I am just so confused on what as a Nursing student you get and dont get cause ive seen on here some people contradict everything I read on the website so very confused! Haha.
    Also has anyone received anything reguarding the health checks, bursary/funding forms etc.
    I have firmed Edge Hill and put down Keele as my insurance both for Mental Health Nursing
    Best of luck to everyone! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have spoken with both the SFE and the NHS bursary . I have completed and sent in evidence for both my applications. You do not need to wait for a letter from NHS bursary inviting you to join (that's what I orig thought until I spoke with companies)

This is what I wrote to peeps on TSR and my student nursing fb page -----

I have just spoke with SFE . All of us are only entitled to a maintenance loan from SFE this is because we get NHS bursary. (This is the same regardless of parent, living at home and financially situation). Living outside London entitlement would be 2324 if you don't currently live with parents. If you live with parents it based means tested( based on there financial situation). Because its a LOAN we all have to pay it back when we start earning 21k or more ( you earn just over 21 as nurse). We would pay back a maximum of £30 a month this includes RPI interest of 5% so really not very much. SFE tel number is 0845 300 5090

She told me that the NHS something we don't pay back. It varies and is means tested ( based on finances of parents or husband or partner) ( if you have been financially independent of parents for 36 months you will be classed as individual) . (Also if you have dependants like kids). Dependant on what you are entitled to could include the - parents allowance. - dependants allowance - non income accessed award £1000. - extra weeks allowance . She gave me a helpline number for NHS bursary 03003301345, I called it and we can apply from now as they like the applications in up to 6 months before. We have to register and create a user I.d and password. We then get a ref number that starts with SBA and this is what the SFE will need (if you apply for SFE). There is no ref number that we receive in post. Our Uni will send notification to NHS bursary of us having a place on course. This will tie in with our application for NHS bursary.

Lastly you don't have to apply for SFE but have to apply for NHS bursary as this is how our tuition fees are paid. Note we DO NOT pay back anything we get from NHS.

Join us on Facebook
    https//www.facebook.com/groups/studentnurse

Hope this helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacksondee)
    Hi I have spoken with both the SFE and the NHS bursary . I have completed and sent in evidence for both my applications. You do not need to wait for a letter from NHS bursary inviting you to join (that's what I orig thought until I spoke with companies)

This is what I wrote to peeps on TSR and my student nursing fb page -----

I have just spoke with SFE . All of us are only entitled to a maintenance loan from SFE this is because we get NHS bursary. (This is the same regardless of parent, living at home and financially situation). Living outside London entitlement would be 2324 if you don't currently live with parents. If you live with parents it based means tested( based on there financial situation). Because its a LOAN we all have to pay it back when we start earning 21k or more ( you earn just over 21 as nurse). We would pay back a maximum of £30 a month this includes RPI interest of 5% so really not very much. SFE tel number is 0845 300 5090

She told me that the NHS something we don't pay back. It varies and is means tested ( based on finances of parents or husband or partner) ( if you have been financially independent of parents for 36 months you will be classed as individual) . (Also if you have dependants like kids). Dependant on what you are entitled to could include the - parents allowance. - dependants allowance - non income accessed award £1000. - extra weeks allowance . She gave me a helpline number for NHS bursary 03003301345, I called it and we can apply from now as they like the applications in up to 6 months before. We have to register and create a user I.d and password. We then get a ref number that starts with SBA and this is what the SFE will need (if you apply for SFE). There is no ref number that we receive in post. Our Uni will send notification to NHS bursary of us having a place on course. This will tie in with our application for NHS bursary.

Lastly you don't have to apply for SFE but have to apply for NHS bursary as this is how our tuition fees are paid. Note we DO NOT pay back anything we get from NHS.

Join us on Facebook
    https//www.facebook.com/groups/studentnurse

Hope this helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Gosh, thanks soo much! This is the info I needed all along- clear and concise!! I always thought that you applied for the nhs bursary etc around June time (once they send you your user name etc)

This was posted from the Student Room's Android App

ReputationRep:
    Welcome

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've spoken to the NHS bursary providers to apply but they told me that they will be given out invitations to apply for the NHS bursarry on 7th May.

ReputationRep:
    You do need to wait for NHS invitation to apply for bursary or they cancel your application and you have to do it all again. You can do sfe now and send evidence after you've applied for the bursary. Sfe said to me we will get about 2500 for the year x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Apologies just seen NHS bursaries have changed on Facebook and said we can start applying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi I spoke with NHS bursary and lady that I spoke with said we can apply now. They will also send out invites but info that I sent got told was correct. Sorry for so much different info going around x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They usually start apps now cause we will have year end tax info. Good luck to all info. Evidence is very long winded x

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.