Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was inspired to create this thread after I strolled into an arcade recently, it reminded me of a few memories. I didn't live near an arcade growing up, I think I saw the inside of one perhaps 2-3 times a year growing up. Making that important choice of where to invest my few credits, all in one machine or spread around was an adventure as a kid. Some machines will burn through your money quickly with less than a minute of game play, other times 3-5 credits will allow you to complete the entire game.

'Star Wars Trilogy: Arcade' was a childhood favourite of mine and I haven't seen a unit in years, it was just so cool seeing 128-bit Star Wars when the most powerful thing I had at home was an N64, the game was also pretty good. Other favourites of mine include: The Time-Crisis series, House of the Dead, Ghost Squad (I played this so much on the Wii that it was very easy to beat in the arcade on 1-2 credits), Point-Blank and Silent Scope.

Being in the arcade also reminded me of a certain Pinball machine. Occasionally, I visited a Burger King, nearby where I lived as a child. It had a small collection of arcade games along with an Addams Family Pinball machine, again, I didn't go often but 1 credit on that thing would get you at least 30 minutes of pinball fun. I really looked forward to playing it, I had the high-score on that particular machine. BK was never the same after they got rid of it.

So, does anyone else like arcade games/pinball machines? I know it sounds cheesy or even childish, but once I graduate and earn enough I'm going to buy Addam's Family Pinball and play it all day.

ReputationRep:
    I played Sega Rally on one of them recently. I could have spent a lot more if I'd had enough change! Was addictive. Time Crisis too is huge fun I think.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.