Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so I'm considering becoming a ski instructor but I'm not sure about what the pay is like and how it would work seen as it's only a seasonal job. Also, surely it would be difficult to start and maintain a family? Anyone know about being a ski instructor? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you enjoy it, go for it. You'll find other things to do in summer - Ice skating instructor perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    Considered becoming a ski instructor in my gap year. If you want to be qualified to instruct in europe on proper snow the training costs £1000s but if you're thinking UK dry slopes a course is no more than a couple of hundred. Definitely costly to start off but the more you invest in it the more you get out. I was thinking of training up to level 4 which is the highest level on snow i.e instructing off piste and racers, it would cost me up to £20000 but there aren't many instructors at such a high level so the pay is a hell of a lot better I know loads of instructors that have a family and it suits them just fine but you'd definitely have to consider getting a summer job and the amount you earn depends on the number of tourists that go to your resort. But definitely really cool thing to do!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.