The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Mature student accommodation

I am a mature student moving to Leeds from an international country and was wondering about student accommodation. I like Central Village because of their proximity to campus/gym/supermarket and mostly because they offer studio apartments. However, not sure on how the atmosphere will be for an adult living there!?! I am also aware of St. Marks which is new for postgrads but I am not too keen on sharing living spaces. Anyone has any ideas of info they could share for adults mature students? Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Original post by vggirl
I am a mature student moving to Leeds from an international country and was wondering about student accommodation. I like Central Village because of their proximity to campus/gym/supermarket and mostly because they offer studio apartments. However, not sure on how the atmosphere will be for an adult living there!?! I am also aware of St. Marks which is new for postgrads but I am not too keen on sharing living spaces. Anyone has any ideas of info they could share for adults mature students? Thanks in advance.

Well, when you say you're a mature student, how mature are we talking here? I only ask because if you're in your 20s then you'll probably be ok living with 18 year olds... but if you're a bit older then I'd say you'd better ask to be placed with other mature students on your accommodation application form.
I'm 28 and I asked to be placed with people around my age on my application form... I just hope they take that into consideration.
Oh and PS: All mature students are adults (technically) :tongue:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Technically all students, mature or not, are adults. With the exception of the few child geniuses and the odd Greek students who seem to be able to start Uni at 17 rather than 18.
Reply 3
Has anyone applied to Grayson Heights? I'm 25 and it seemed the best option as I don't want to live with 18 yr olds...however, now I'm worried it's not going to be as social as I want! Would prefer to live with 21 - 25 yr olds, still want to go out!
Reply 4
I will be 26 when we start and I have applied to North Hill Court. It seems the least popular residences but is one of the cheapest with the chance of getting a balcony so I can't understand why.
Reply 5
I am torn between St. Marks and the studio flat in Central Village. Feeling more so drawn to the studio flats and the location of Central village. Being that I am new to the UK I would like to be close to campus and main area. However, the idea of being in a post-grad only hall is a great boost for St. Marks. My sister lives in London and she is going to travel up to leeds and go to the accommodation open house on Sat for me and will be able to get me some pictures and real feedback from both St. Marks and Central Village. I am so very excited.

Quick Reply

Latest