The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

days per week/minor/major

Hi. I'm going to be firming Lancaster soon, and I've just found out that you have to take 2 or 3 subjects ( MAJOR & MINOR ). I'm just curious to know how much i'd be "studying" a week. On average how many lectures a week do you have? Does it all depend on the course you've chosen? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Depends entirely on your course. Some people might think ten hours of lectures was a tough week, others might have twenty as standard.
At the second half of last term I was doing twenty hours a week of lectures/labs and around five hours of private study every day. But I'm a third year physicist and all my options for this year occurred at the same time.

The major/minor thing only applies to first year, and some majors take up all three courses. Some majors take up two, leaving one subject as a minor and some courses take up one leaving two minors.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Manitude
Depends entirely on your course. Some people might think ten hours of lectures was a tough week, others might have twenty as standard.
At the second half of last term I was doing twenty hours a week of lectures/labs and around five hours of private study every day. But I'm a third year physicist and all my options for this year occurred at the same time.

The major/minor thing only applies to first year, and some majors take up all three courses. Some majors take up two, leaving one subject as a minor and some courses take up one leaving two minors.

Ahh thank you. You've cleared things up for me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest