Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Any help checking out my workout timetable watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    thought id make a timetable for cardio/weights (with some food included) along with revision and timetable.

can i get some opinions regarding the exercise schedule (ignore everything else)?

plan to work out 3 days a week (every other day), with another 3 days (in between) for cardio. to my knowledge, an hour or so before cardio/workout, i should eat food that will give me a medium glycogen load to get the most out of the sessions and straight after workouts i should eat something with a lot of protein in it to help with recovery afterwards.

the food listed isnt the only thing i will eat, just what is appropriate here. each workout day includes two main body parts that include several different muscles to be worked out. each one has three different exercises which should comprise of two compound and one isolated exercise. im using a youtube link for reference to how many sets/reps to do. im mainly using free weight dumbbells.... i would ideally be going through each column till i reach the third.

what i intend to get out of this is lose between 4-9kg, tone up my body/get abs, and to build up some muscle in the form of strength, power and endurance

ive included an excel spreadsheet, does it look alright?
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xlsx Book2.xlsx (15.4 KB, 136 views)

ReputationRep:
    Looks alright, but personally i would do shoulders with chest and abs with legs, something like this

Chest : barbell bench press flat
    : dumbbell bench press decline
    : flies
    Shoulders: military press
    : dumbbell shoulder press
    : lateral side + front raises
    :shrugs

Im currently doing strength training so for the major exercises such as bench press and military press i would do 1x10, 1x8, 1x6, 1x5, 1x5

And also i would start with working out first on monday, so it would be mon/wed/fri working out days

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CosmicVengeance)
    Looks alright, but personally i would do shoulders with chest and abs with legs, something like this

Chest : barbell bench press flat
    : dumbbell bench press decline
    : flies
    Shoulders: military press
    : dumbbell shoulder press
    : lateral side + front raises
    :shrugs

Im currently doing strength training so for the major exercises such as bench press and military press i would do 1x10, 1x8, 1x6, 1x5, 1x5

And also i would start with working out first on monday, so it would be mon/wed/fri working out days
    i chose the pairs because i thought it would be best to use body parts that that are as far away from each other as possible ( i believe this is called working antagonistically), so that any aches are spread out (e.g. chest/legs) rather than centred in a specific area (e.g. chest/shoulder area) which may dent your motivation to continue working out (where getting and keeping motivation is half the battle)

i thought the same thing regarding monday/wednesday/friday

though i remember doing a kind of taster at the gym with my friend showing me some exercises, we were working mainly the arms but after it was over, my arms ached for several days. admittedly, i didnt do these glycogen* and protein meals (just had protein shakes), though i still dont think it should have lasted that long, hence why i chose this. what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Ideally, for any exercise, is it best to do lower the reps after each set? Like your "1x10, 1x8, 1x6, 1x5, 1x5"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    Ideally, for any exercise, is it best to do lower the reps after each set? Like your "1x10, 1x8, 1x6, 1x5, 1x5"
    That was just an example, low reps are for strength trainging while high reps are for muscle building.

What i do for chest on a monday is
    Bar-10 reps warm up
    60kg x10
    80kg x5
    100kg to failure x2 (i could do 2 reps of 100 at the end of january, doing this technique i can now do 10 reps, which took me exactly 2 months, but i trained chest twice a week with every other body part)

Dumbbells 40kg each for 10 reps, then 8 then till failure.

Flies 3 sets

So that was just my pattern

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    i chose the pairs because i thought it would be best to use body parts that that are as far away from each other as possible ( i believe this is called working antagonistically), so that any aches are spread out (e.g. chest/legs) rather than centred in a specific area (e.g. chest/shoulder area) which may dent your motivation to continue working out (where getting and keeping motivation is half the battle)

i thought the same thing regarding monday/wednesday/friday

though i remember doing a kind of taster at the gym with my friend showing me some exercises, we were working mainly the arms but after it was over, my arms ached for several days. admittedly, i didnt do these glycogen* and protein meals (just had protein shakes), though i still dont think it should have lasted that long, hence why i chose this. what do you think?
    I would stick with the protein shakes, have them straight after you workout

And meh about the glycogen, i just have my normal meals

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alleykat606)
    Don't do planks

Planks ruin you

That is all
    In what way?

ReputationRep:
    my diets usually suck, consisting of mainly just junk food, so i thought it would be nice to get some healthier food in there to, so it kind of kills two birds with one stone

thinking of scrapping oatmeal, rather than find something nice to add to it, i may just make flapjacks...
    i can make it in a batch and theres less clean up :pierre:

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.