Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's a simple thread, by this point everyone applying for university in 2013 has applied! No matter the outcome I guess everyone must high a hight point? So, I thought I'd make a thread about it! Everyone gets so stressed about it and while it may be hell at time I myself have had a few high points lol!

my personal high points were:

sending the application! While making my application was hell (seriously I spent months on my statement!) the sheer relief at finally sending it off was amazing! The tension afterward, not so great, but sending it off gave me a buzz as the ball had finally started rolling!

getting an offer: my first offer was so amazing haha! It was from Chester and I'd been stressing like mad! While I wasn't really considering firming them it was nice to know I know might be going to uni.

getting the proper offers: probably the most euphoric moment for me was getting offers from the unis that I was wanting to go too, Essex, I actually screamed, nearly cried, not gonna lie! Newcastle uni was also great as was Queens as both of them made me wait a hell of a lot longer than the others.

so yeah they were my top moments! The hard work of trying to get into Newcastle (firm) or Essex (insurance, I'd still happily go there haha!) has begun, sadly. So I thought it'd be cool to create a thread where people can share their favourite moments of what is possibly the most stressful experience ever!

Whether you're already a uni or you're hopefully going in 2013 it'd be cool to read other people's highlights! So please post! Thanksssss guys!

ReputationRep:
    Getting my Unconditional offer (not expecting) whilst on the loo in Mumbai. Best poop of my life.

ReputationRep:
    Logging into Track to see an offer and screaming like a little ***** in a crowded bus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    After waiting for two months, the first one that got back to me with unconditional was Nottingham (Economics) followed by Lancaster (conditional) and York (unconditional). ^_^

However, a rejection from Bristol and Exeter in the same course made me very desperate as well !!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    medicine offer for BBB

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Cardiff for Medicine (just fell back into bed with relief) and a close second was how enjoyable my Cambridge medical interviews were (weird I know but I seem to enjoy complicated biochemistry :awesome:).

ReputationRep:
    Getting my offer for BCU

ReputationRep:
    LSE offer when I was least expecting it

ReputationRep:
    Getting an offer for medicine after 7 rejections.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    For me (a couple of years ago now) it was definitely being invited for interview at Oxford. Never mind that i screwed it up once I got there...

ReputationRep:
    Getting my first offer after I checked my phone after passing my driving test 1st time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sending it off was great, but receiving my offers were equally as great - if not, better! Yeah, I got a few rejections, but I still got an unconditional into a place that I wanted to go so it's all good Probably accepting my offer was good as well.

ReputationRep:
    I'd been waiting for what felt like forever when I got my first offer, I screamed and ran around the house then I got my second offer a few hours later! The best moment was probably getting an offer from Lancaster because that's where I actually want to go

ReputationRep:
    sending it off and getting the first offer is the best

ReputationRep:
    throwing the netbook on to the ground in sheer joy after realizing i got in on results day. I seriously thought I missed both of my offers, but got into my firm.

Best morning of my life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilyas)
    throwing the netbook on to the ground in sheer joy after realizing i got in on results day. I seriously thought I missed both of my offers, but got into my firm.

Best morning of my life?
    Results day morning when track (finally) updates is one of the best. Getting into Sheffield for chemistry despite have a casual look at the grade boundries, nearly throwing up my intestines and convincing myself I'd be lucky to meet mu MMU offer...

ReputationRep:
    My interview at Nottingham- realised about halfway through that I loved it & could really see myself there. I didn't have that 'wow' moment with any of my other choices.

(Thankfully they made me an offer!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My highlight was when Lancaster gave me on offer. I really really want to go there so it was amazing when the offer came through! It was a grade below the standard offer they quote so that added to the high!

ReputationRep:
    getting an offer for Pharmacy from Sunderland for BBB after all my other unis had rejected me
    massive MASSIVE relief

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    Results day morning when track (finally) updates is one of the best. Getting into Sheffield for chemistry despite have a casual look at the grade boundries, nearly throwing up my intestines and convincing myself I'd be lucky to meet mu MMU offer...
    Omg I know! I looked at the grade boundaries too, I thought I did badly on the last A2 chem paper having walked out of the exam hall literally being able to count my mistakes, and saw the grade boundaries before results day and they were actually very high... then I met my offer which was a B in chemistry and I got the B! I had 420/600 UMS so if I dropped one ums point I'd have missed both of my offers, so it was extra special, having literally scraped my way in.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.