Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you think we are heading for more riots this summer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bennies4life)
    Do you think we are heading for more riots this summer?
    No. Why would you think this?

ReputationRep:
    You may think I'm joking but the better the weather is the more chance of riots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scumbaggio)
    You may think I'm joking but the better the weather is the more chance of riots.
    There won't be more riots. The 2011 was a unique and one-time one - now that it's happened and the backlash has been great, it won't happen again, or at least not in the same vein as the 2011 one. If anything the authorities and cops and whatnot will be more alert and the young crazies won't be as bold - especially in the aftermath of the backlash from the courts.

There's no reason for it to occur now - especially as the 2011 one stemmed indirectly from the supposed "wrongful" death of that gang-banger. Unless some popular gangbanger gets "murdered" by the cops or some really popular "black" youngster who's known across many boroughs gets "murdered", then I really don't see how riots can occur again on the same scale as 2011.

What's more, OP, is why you did not ask this question before the summer of 2012? Surely all of the superstition surrounding 2012 (lol!) should have been a prime time for riots?

In short, there's no reason for riots to occur this summer.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.