Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion they are a bit too expensive averaging about £450 a month for a en-suite bedroom with shared kitchen facilities. I mean that would pay for a 1 bed flat where I'm from. So guys what do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you mean halls, then bear in mind you're also paying for things like reception and security staff, maintenance, all bills included, etc. It's not totally comparable to just renting a normal flat.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    And on top of the above some universities bundle in internet access, phone lines, bus passes etc etc into the price of their accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm doesn't sound too bad now I suppose but I'm still gonna look for alternatives during my 2nd year

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.