Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have recently applied for my LPC and have had offers from City Uni, Uni of Law and BPP (London)

I have secured a TC already which is to commence on completion of the course and the firm do not have a preference as to which I attend.

As such I am seeking some guidance/imput. I have visited for open days but find that open days don't necessarily reflect what a place is truly like to study at full time.

If anyone has completed the LPC at any of these (or has any knowledge) I'd be grateful to know your thoughts/what made you choose them.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Well if you already have a TC I guess it's about your preference for exams and location? I don't think it matters too much where you go... But this is just what I have heard. Sorry I can't give you any first hand experience...

ReputationRep:
    BPP is probably the hardest and most expensive LPC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrookeRK)
    I have recently applied for my LPC and have had offers from City Uni, Uni of Law and BPP (London)

I have secured a TC already which is to commence on completion of the course and the firm do not have a preference as to which I attend.
    I have to agree with
    (Original post by tizzybelle)
    Out of the big 2 (BPP and UoL) the difference really is whether you prefer open or closed book exams. If you prefer open- then go with UoL.

The next thing I'd ask is: who are paying the fees?. If it's the firm then it's not really an issue.

However if you are paying the fees - maybe you should consider going with one of the smaller providers? Their big negative is that they don't have such a big career service... which you don't need.

So it's really down to your circumstances and style in exams.

I'm sure you can find some horror stories on the net about most institutions. But because the LPC is regulated by the SRA, really there isn't much difference between the instituions (despite what their leaflets may say!!)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your advice :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if BPP has online lectures... like it says 'pre-recorded' I am planning to commute but just thinking that it may be difficult. CofL seems to be a bit more flexible really. Not sure...

ReputationRep:
    I've decided against BPP bc of the assessment format being closed book and as such nothing like actual practice. I went to visit city and UoL on Friday. UoL are definitely the most flexible. On the full time class you have i-tutorials which can be accessed anywhere and then go in for face to face workshops, for which you have the option of having them spread across 4 days or having them all on 2 days. Think this is the way I'm gonna go - I work better independently than with lectures and I like the two day option... Gets it done and cuts travel expenses/time in half.

Thanks for the help though guys x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've decided against BPP bc of the assessment format being closed book and as such nothing like actual practice. I went to visit city and UoL on Friday. UoL are definitely the most flexible. On the full time class you have i-tutorials which can be accessed anywhere and then go in for face to face workshops, for which you have the option of having them spread across 4 days or having them all on 2 days. Think this is the way I'm gonna go - I work better independently than with lectures and I like the two day option... Gets it done and cuts travel expenses/time in half.

Thanks for the help though guys x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is a good idea if you are thinking of travel costs! It is really confusing b/c BPP say that they put everything into 2 days too... makes me a bit =S. But I'm glad you are sorted! Which campus did you apply to for UoL?

ReputationRep:
    Bloomsbury. Awesome location bit less commercial than the other and right by a northern line tube station (I'll be living right near one too) Really liked it when I visited too x

ReputationRep:
    Bloomsbury. Awesome location bit less commercial than the other and right by a northern line tube station (I'll be living right near one too) Really liked it when I visited too x
    I applied to there too!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I've attended open days recently and Kaplan has stood out as the best for me personally. Like most people I was always pretty focused on UoL and BPP, but just thought I should mention that Kaplan is really worth a look if you're not sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tizzybelle)
    I applied to there too!!!!!
    Well maybe see you there :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.