Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    So I did my mocks in January and did well. But I'm really stressing out over my revision at the moment. I was just wondering if anyone could offer any general tips about how to calm down and revise efficiently.
    Also, if anyone has taken these subjects for GCSE I would appreciate some help:
    - Physics, Biology and Chemistry (AQA) - it seems to take me so long to revise anything in science. What's the best way to revise efficiently for science? Notes? Past papers?
    - Latin (WJEC) - I'm good at Latin. However, I'm bad at reciting verb and noun tables - I just can't learn them. Is it necessary to know all endings and pronouns etc. for GCSE? I got A* in the mocks without much learning.
    - Spanish (AQA) - I've got full marks in the controlled assessments so far but I'm really worried as to the best way to revise for the listening and reading exams?

ReputationRep:
    As far as coping with the work, just remember to balance your life. Don't sit for hours working without a break, you'll only be spending around 2 hours doing the exam itself so don't try working continuously for much longer! If you work for a few hours, get a drink of water and go for a walk to get some fresh air before getting back to the study.
    For me, the best revision for the science subjects was past papers; getting to know what the examiners look for can be extremely useful. I'm afraid I can't offer any advice on languages however, as they're far from my strong point!
    Try not to let it overwhelm you, organise your time appropriately and make sure you're prepared!

(Original post by sam_oliver)
    So I did my mocks in January and did well. But I'm really stressing out over my revision at the moment. I was just wondering if anyone could offer any general tips about how to calm down and revise efficiently.
    Hello Sam,

My advice is to structure each day such that you get some work done. Whether it's completing an exercise sheet or doing a past paper, have yourself doing something everyday until your exams. Construct your revision plan so there's a clear and definitive picture of what you should be able to do by the end of it.

More importantly than anything though, you have to be absolutely rigorous with this approach. Doing a bit of work everyday is a lot more effective than just cramming it in just before the exams, at least in my opinion. That said, it's difficult for people to do work everyday as I do.

More advice is given here, but I hope this helps.

Darren

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.