Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it normal for a student to be out until 3am EVERY night? watch

ReputationRep:
    I know somebody who is much younger than me, 18, and is not even at uni yet. He is quite clever and academic, not a layabout alcoholic chav or anything.

He is always out with his mates until like 3am-4am seemingly every single night. And it's not in clubs or anything, it's basically pub then after closing time, back to a mate's house and carry on drinking.

How can this be normal? I did not do such things when I was that age.

I can understand having a healthy social life, but EVERY night?

What on earth can you talk about every night with [virtually] the same people?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that most people do this.
    But some do, for whatever reason.
    I wouldn't say it's abnormal, but then I don't claim to know what normality is :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a bit stupid to be honest. It's expensive, you feel lousy the next day and it will start to impact on work eventually. Plus it can't be doing their health any good.

I enjoy going out, sure, but not every night. There is a limit.

ReputationRep:
    It isn't normal insofar as, at least in my experience, it's not what most people do. Also, drinking that regularly isn't safe for anybody of any age.

But with regards to having things to talk about, it isn't really surprising...it's like asking how the news can still have something to report on every day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    I know somebody who is much younger than me, 18, and is not even at uni yet. He is quite clever and academic, not a layabout alcoholic chav or anything.

He is always out with his mates until like 3am-4am seemingly every single night. And it's not in clubs or anything, it's basically pub then after closing time, back to a mate's house and carry on drinking.

How can this be normal? I did not do such things when I was that age.

I can understand having a healthy social life, but EVERY night?

What on earth can you talk about every night with [virtually] the same people?
    Yeah its normal. I knew a guy and he was 16 and they used to go out to clubs until 1am

ReputationRep:
    Sure if you can afford it. So long as people aren't binge drinking and doing stupid stuff/being rowdy and annoying to housemates etc. when they get back I dont have a problem with it

ReputationRep:
    who can be ****ed with that, i'd be sick of the sight of my friends if i spent every night with them

ReputationRep:
    I used to do it when I was in year 11. Not be stupid or anything about it but just chill out on most nights. Don't regret it either.

This is life man, enjoy it

Posted from TSR iPad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missemma1)
    Yeah its normal. I knew a guy and he was 16 and they used to go out to clubs until 1am
    I don't know.

Seems a bit weird to me. EVERY NIGHT?

It's like he's simply not welcome at home or something (which isn't true).

It's good to be sociable, but I don't know about anyone else, but I need to be private every now and then. It would annoy me to have to sit around with the same people drinking in the same pubs.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.