The Student Room Group

How would you respond

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iXcorre
A right to be rude and condescending to you? Just from that he does not sound like the type of person you want to be with. Trying to justify being rude to you just shows that he still thinks he's in the right and hasn't changed.
All those who said to leave the past in the past were right.

Start thinking about the future now, what you can do without him. I don't know how old you are or anything, but it probably means you can focus on studying/having a great time with friends/finding someone who is better for you or just having a fabulous time being single for a short while.

In the words of Leona Lewis (not that I am a fan) 'It'll all get better in time' :cool:

x

Iv graduated, so apart from applying for jobs which isnt going too well, I dont have much to focus on:frown:
And to think we were going to get married...pfft !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Hmm, I've remained on friendly terms with 2 of my ex's. They both cheated on me, but then again, I was young and they were ldrs. Every now and then we talk and sometimes get a bit soppy and reminiscence about the old times. :colondollar:

At first it does feel weird, but if you look back on the relationship and think of them as a friend not a past love interest, your perspective might change.
Talk to him like to any of your mates, but if hes trying to get some casual sex (happened to one of my friends), then dont bother with replying.
Good luck :top:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nagisa0048
Hmm, I've remained on friendly terms with 2 of my ex's. They both cheated on me, but then again, I was young and they were ldrs. Every now and then we talk and sometimes get a bit soppy and reminiscence about the old times. :colondollar:

At first it does feel weird, but if you look back on the relationship and think of them as a friend not a past love interest, your perspective might change.
Talk to him like to any of your mates, but if hes trying to get some casual sex (happened to one of my friends), then dont bother with replying.
Good luck :top:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha hes moved halfway across the world so casual sex isnt what hes after...
I decided to just leave it, and not stay in touch, Im not ready to be just friends yet. And when he told me he's always there if I need him though, it drove me over the edge and just made me so mad at the situation, I just felt hurt to be quite frank that after everything weve been through, this was the last chance to really make it work. And he didnt take it. So I was hurt and just said that he sounds repetitive and knew he was thinking Im a cow, and told him maybe its because Im hurt and upset to which he replied that when he was hurt I told him to get over it. The fact he doesn't understand the difference made me realise I made the right decision to not stay in touch. But its been a few hours and Im starting to regret it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by Little_missy01
Haha hes moved halfway across the world so casual sex isnt what hes after...
I decided to just leave it, and not stay in touch, Im not ready to be just friends yet. And when he told me he's always there if I need him though, it drove me over the edge and just made me so mad at the situation, I just felt hurt to be quite frank that after everything weve been through, this was the last chance to really make it work. And he didnt take it. So I was hurt and just said that he sounds repetitive and knew he was thinking Im a cow, and told him maybe its because Im hurt and upset to which he replied that when he was hurt I told him to get over it. The fact he doesn't understand the difference made me realise I made the right decision to not stay in touch. But its been a few hours and Im starting to regret it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its always difficult to let go of the past, when me and my ex broke up, I blocked him everywhere for a year. Even after a year I was somewhat bitter when he mentioned other girls. It took me a year and a half to get to where I am now. You and him have chosen different routes at some point and it looks like he stopped trying to understand you, or maybe he's too immature to own up to his wrong doings. Maybe in a few years time youll start chatting to each other on fb and youll be surprised how everything seems so different. :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Its always difficult to let go of the past, when me and my ex broke up, I blocked him everywhere for a year. Even after a year I was somewhat bitter when he mentioned other girls. It took me a year and a half to get to where I am now. You and him have chosen different routes at some point and it looks like he stopped trying to understand you, or maybe he's too immature to own up to his wrong doings. Maybe in a few years time youll start chatting to each other on fb and youll be surprised how everything seems so different. :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, we've not had enough time apart to really get over it. Im not saying hes all at fault, im too blame too in some ways, but it was situations that caused me to act in a certain way, and he can't seem to get that.
Maybe in a few years... But not right now. I see pics of him with other girls and it just tears me up... But by the time Im ready again I'll probably have moved on, be married as Im ready to start settling down. By then itll be too late and to be frank, maybe this is my anger talking but he can live in regret and i wouldnt care !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by Little_missy01
Yeah, we've not had enough time apart to really get over it. Im not saying hes all at fault, im too blame too in some ways, but it was situations that caused me to act in a certain way, and he can't seem to get that.
Maybe in a few years... But not right now. I see pics of him with other girls and it just tears me up... But by the time Im ready again I'll probably have moved on, be married as Im ready to start settling down. By then itll be too late and to be frank, maybe this is my anger talking but he can live in regret and i wouldnt care !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know this sounds a bit cliche, but just as you said, live your life to the fullest and make him regret walking away from you! :smile: I would suggest blocking him on fb so you can't see his updates,photos etc, only because I fb staled my ex after we broke up. It was a really painful period for me, I could feel my heart crumbling into pieces... I know what you're going through. If you ever need to vent or whatever, feel free to pm me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know this sounds a bit cliche, but just as you said, live your life to the fullest and make him regret walking away from you! :smile: I would suggest blocking him on fb so you can't see his updates,photos etc, only because I fb staled my ex after we broke up. It was a really painful period for me, I could feel my heart crumbling into pieces... I know what you're going through. If you ever need to vent or whatever, feel free to pm me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im not on fb, but hes on instagram and whatsapp. Funnily enough I was just saying to my friend, whos ex is getting married to a different girl in 6 weeks to not keep checking his finances pictures or enquiring about him
Thanks for replying :smile:
And vice versa, feel free to pm me too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending