Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just found this twitter page. It's pretty hilarious! See here: https://twitter.com/SoVeryBritish

My favourite are:
    "Panicking in a sandwich shop and allowing a distressingly odd combination of fillings to happen"

"Resigning yourself to an unusual and arduous train route, rather than risk sharing your commute with a colleague"

"Not quibbling with the unexpectedly high price, despite being certain your choices fully adhere to the rules of the Meal Deal"

"Feeling you must keep your hands excessively on show while in a shop, so as not to be suspected of thievery"

"Saying you don't mind when offered a choice, then praying you're left with the option you want"

(I could go on!)

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't going to post any more but these two I think are great:

"The embarrassment when your friend carries on a conversation with you after the doors of a crowded lift have closed"

"Deciding whether to ask "how are you doing?" or "how's it going?", then getting flustered and asking "how's it doing?""

ReputationRep:
    There's a subreddit about the same, too: http://www.reddit.com/r/britishproblems

Here's a couple:

"People are queuing at the gate for a flight, that has allocated seating, 45 minutes before the gate opens."

"Can't go into my local sandwich shop because they recognise me and give me "the usual". Sometimes I don't want the usual, but I don't like to ask them to stop."

"I almost knocked someone down whilst walking around Picadilly, because they stopped abruptly in front of me in the middle of the path. I apologised."

"I was a courteous driver and let someone out of a junction when I didn't have to. However, the **** didn't even bother to thank me."

ReputationRep:
    I can relate to these:

"Protecting your area at baggage reclaim as if the lives of your family depend on it"

"The palpable mass relief when an accidental queue-jumper suddenly realises their mistake and retreats"

"Wishing someone goodbye and then leaving in the same direction"

ReputationRep:
    arguing whether it is pronounced "scone" or "scon"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DEVVO)
    We will never know... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I can so relate to some of these!

Translating "carpe diem" as "treat yourself to a slightly more expensive loaf of bread" :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    "Reluctantly slowing your walk slightly when sensing a fast-paced stranger about to overtake"

This has happened so many times I'm starting feel embarrassed for walking fast :ahhhhh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hevlar.kelmet)
    "Reluctantly slowing your walk slightly when sensing a fast-paced stranger about to overtake"

This has happened so many times I'm starting feel embarrassed for walking fast :ahhhhh:
    There should also be something about the time when you are the one overtaking, and you're about to overtake so you're close to them, and you have to do it quick so they don't think you're a murderer approaching them from behind :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I do this one too:
    "Becoming so livid with the poor service you're receiving that you go straight home to consider writing a letter"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DEVVO)
    The fact that you have to change the spelling kind of indicates the true answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotMyToothbrush)
    The fact that you have to change the spelling kind of indicates the true answer
    Hahaha very true!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.