Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    List some 'guilty' confessions about you and your taste in films, actors, directors etc., especially if the majority of other people disagree with you. And let's keep the flaming down even if you vehemently disagree with someone else's confession. This is only a bit of fun

I'll start:

• I like the Star Wars prequels
    • Avatar was really quite average. Visuals were great, but the story was meh
    • I like Star Trek: Nemesis
    • I've never seen Citizen Kane
    • I've never seen Forest Gump

I'll post some more if and when I think of any. What about you guys? Time to confess!

ReputationRep:
    -Citizen Kane isn't a very good film in my opinion. It drags on and on and on to the point where you just want it to end lol
    -Forrest Gump is a great, feel-good film but it wasn't as amazing as some people make it out to be.
    -I watched a little bit of Avatar then stopped because I didn't think it was that interesting.
    -I feel like Hollywood films are focusing too much on cinematography and not enough on story lines.
    -I love chick flicks!

ReputationRep:
    Chic flicks and cartoons. I watched Spirit when I was little and loved the fact it was a cartoon about horses. I know all the words...it's so sad :P

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the Star Wars prequels......people don't watch Star Wars with me anymore ><

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen any of the Lord of the Rings films :ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen any of the Star Wars films. *thunder claps*

ReputationRep:
    Titanic and Mean Girls are in my top 20 films of all time and I like to sing to Grease.

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy really rubbish, unrealistic, low budget romantic comedies.

ReputationRep:
    The first time I cried watching a film was when I was about 10 years old, I saw Iron Giant in cinemas... Might have been a little overdramatic.

ReputationRep:
    I love Star Wars and all of the Lord of the Rings films.
    Avatars' visuals were great but yeah the story was a bit naff.
    I really like Forrest Gump.
    I enjoyed watching Bridget Jones' Diary 1 and 2.
    The Harry Potter movies got worse as the saga progressed as there was not enough story/sub-plot/funny parts as there were in the book
    I cried at the end of Monsters Inc.
    When I was younger, my favourite films were Snow White and Aladdin.

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen The Lion King. And I really hated Avatar, it was such a drag.
    However I really love fact-based, educational films and although I've never seen it, I really want to see Schindler's List.

ReputationRep:
    I very rarely watch a comedy film that I enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    Never seen Harry Potter, going to watch the films this Summer.
    I've watched Mean Girls more times than I can count (it's put on at every sleepover haha)
    The two films that have made me cry are Bridge to Terabithia and Requiem for a Dream :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    - Of the LOTR films, I've only watched the first one.
    - As a child, I once cried in the cinema watching Power Rangers: The Movie. I was a sensitive child...
    - I actually really liked Superman Returns and the Ridley Scott version of Robin Hood and was shocked to later see the mixed reviews that both attracted.

ReputationRep:
    Tron: Legacy . that film was insane! , got really mixed reviews but i loved it!

and The Notebook ... that gives me a lump in my throat

ReputationRep:
    I think Grease 2 is better than Grease.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linnerzx)
    The first time I cried watching a film was when I was about 10 years old, I saw Iron Giant in cinemas... Might have been a little overdramatic.
    I hope it's not over dramatic. The Iron Giant still makes me cry every time I see it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarue)
    Citizen Kane isn't a very good film in my opinion. It drags on and on and on to the point where you just want it to end lol
    Forest Gump is a great, feel-good film but it wasn't as amazing as some people make it out to be.
    My confessions:
    -I watched a little bit of Avatar then stopped because I didn't think it was that interesting.
    -I feel like Hollywood films are focusing too much on cinematography and not enough on story lines.
    -I love chick flicks!
    You don't like Citizen Kane but you like Forest Gump? Now there's a guilty confession

ReputationRep:
    The only time I ever cry at films is when someone's dying. So really sad parts.

Except when I watch Lord of the Rings. In the last film, when Gondor (sp?) bows to the hobbits. Sets me off everytime.

I love films where the geek transforms into a beauty that everyone's jealous of, or a 'weakling' ends up being the hero, even though they're normally cheesy.

In action/adventure films, I normally only like the first half. More story, less blowing **** up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feenicks89)
    Tron: Legacy . that film was insane! , got really mixed reviews but i loved it!
    I liked it, too! :thumbsup: Then again, I saw it in 3D, and I think a film like Tron: Legacy suits 3D more than many other films, especially since the 3D was only used for the scenes in the virtual world.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.