The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samd1885
Honestly, my friends applying this year with similar grades have only just sent in their application, but I knew somebody last year with around 4a*s at GCSE and they got in. :smile: LSE care a lot about your personal statement, so just focus on that. I know everyone says LSE cares about GCSEs, but I don't believe they would focus on them in an applicant. ASs matter far more, and are a far better indicator. There's one certain thing, if you don't apply you don't get an offer, so just relax and see what happens. I've known people with a few A*s at GCSE get in, and people with over 10 A*s get rejected, and almost all of it came down to the personal statement. For me, I think the application process was a little easier because I was set on Cambridge (so the LSE emails, and then delays weren't too overwhelmingly stressful), but the interview process at Cambridge on the other hand, and how significant it is, is making me very nervous!

Good luck everyone :smile:

To add on to that, one of my classmates this year applied for Mathematics at LSE with 10A*s at iGCSE, predicted 45 points at IB and he was rejected. So it would seem that LSE does put a lot of emphasis on the personal statement
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2481
Offer for A&F just now:smile:)
Original post by anyap

Going to sound dumb...what does that stand for? Congratulations though!!!! :biggrin:

Just noticed a few people have received offers on twitter in the last few minutes - probably had a bunch sent all in one go today. My inbox is still empty *sigh*
Reply 2483
Original post by jessology
Going to sound dumb...what does that stand for? Congratulations though!!!! :biggrin:

Just noticed a few people have received offers on twitter in the last few minutes - probably had a bunch sent all in one go today. My inbox is still empty *sigh*

Accoubtancy and Finance
Reply 2484
Just got an offer for Politics and Philosophy!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anyap

Congratulations! May I ask what week you were on? :smile:

If you wouldn't mind sharing your grades as well, I would greatly appreciate it :smile:
Reply 2486
Original post by EvenToesCrossed

Congratulations! May I ask what week you were on? :smile:

If you wouldn't mind sharing your grades as well, I would greatly appreciate it :smile:

Week 4 today:smile:
AAAAB as, A*A*A*A prediction
but gcse poor
4A* 1A 5B 1C
Reply 2487
6 weeks today since my 5 week email (for Maths with Economics). Thought I'd have heard by now :frown:
7 weeks today since my 5 week email (for Law). I knew it was unlikely that I'd hear before the new year.
Reply 2489
Original post by QuestionsQ
7 weeks today since my 5 week email (for Law). I knew it was unlikely that I'd hear before the new year.

We've still got tomorrow.
Original post by anyap
Week 4 today:smile:
AAAAB as, A*A*A*A prediction
but gcse poor
4A* 1A 5B 1C

Oh I am too... slightly worried haha.

What subjects are you currently taking?

Reply 2491
Original post by EvenToesCrossed
Oh I am too... slightly worried haha.

What subjects are you currently taking?

Russian, Maths, Economics, Psychology
Offer for Law!! Can't believe they got back to me before the new year
Original post by CD315
We've still got tomorrow.

I admire your optimism.
Original post by thinkthings
lkadsfjal;ksdfj ahhhhh! Congratulations, I'm so jealous! How many weeks into/past your 5-week email were you at? *Did you *just* get the offer?

Thank you so much! Yes, I got it about half an hour ago. And in case anyone's wondering, don't worry if you didn't get the 'strongest of the cohort' email - I never got one! Oh and I was 7 weeks past my 5 week email :smile:
Reply 2495
Original post by paperclip345
Thank you so much! Yes, I got it about half an hour ago. And in case anyone's wondering, don't worry if you didn't get the 'strongest of the cohort' email - I never got one! Oh and I was 7 weeks past my 5 week email :smile:

congrats! i'm almost one week past my 5 weeks and never got the 'strongest of the cohort' email, so i was worried :s-smilie:
Original post by QuestionsQ

6 weeks tomorrow since my 5 week email for law. Last year and in 2012, the law department sent out a fair few offers on the 19th and 20th of December respectively. I'm hopeful that the law department will similarly send out lots of offers later this month...(*please LSE, please*)

On the other hand, I also recall that several departments had mass rejection days. It's possible we may be due for one in the near future :s-smilie: This is all speculation, of course.
Original post by paperclip345
Offer for Law!! Can't believe they got back to me before the new year

Congratulations! Amazing.
Offer for Politics & Philosophy! AAA :smile:
Original post by thinkthings
6 weeks tomorrow since my 5 week email for law. Last year and in 2012, the law department sent out a fair few offers on the 19th and 20th of December respectively. I'm hopeful that the law department will similarly send out lots of offers later this month...(*please LSE, please*)

On the other hand, I also recall that several departments had mass rejection days. It's possible we may be due for one in the near future :s-smilie: This is all speculation, of course.

Ahaha, I'm expecting a rejection at some point in the near future. Have a bad feeling - not sure why.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending