The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3100
Original post by buzfail
I am 9 weeks into my 5 weeks email. NINE. WEEKS. Thanks LSE (Y)
<br />
<br />
Lol wow what course?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 3101
Original post by IceKidd
<br />
<br />
Lol wow what course?

Social Policy and Economics :frown:
Reply 3102
Original post by President M.E.
I know, I thought it was pretty much giving an offer, now I think it's a stall from LSE to give them more time :confused:

Idem. I'd feel so bad if I didn't get an offer after this mail.. Wait and see!
Reply 3103
Original post by Manamarak
Thanks everyone for your interest.

In the end, it was a rejection, but then, I sort of knew it would be, as my personal statement was geared towards Oxford for PPE, and thus had to contain a lot of politics, so that would probably have been frowned on by the LSE philosophy and economics tutor.

All applications are handled exclusively by the admissions department, which consists of 9 full time employees that are completely unrelated to any academic departments of the school.
So this is clearly not a "frowned upon by the tutor" case.
Reply 3104
Original post by CEKTOP
All applications are handled exclusively by the admissions department, which consists of 9 full time employees that are completely unrelated to any academic departments of the school.

Didn't knew. Interesting, though..
Original post by CEKTOP

So me reading a book because it was written by one of the professors was useless? :frown:.
Reply 3106
Original post by Dilzo999
So me reading a book because it was written by one of the professors was useless? :frown:.

No, why would you think that?
Original post by CEKTOP

Where did you get this info from?
Original post by Blackfyre
Republic of Moldova, what about you?

India

Cheeky :wink:
Reply 3110
Original post by Perks25
Mature student here too. May I ask what sort of route you pursued to re-engage with higher education? Access, A levels, or something else?

Hi,

I applied only with my A level examination results attained on the first sitting. I will be a mature student when I enter, I did not/ will not be taking any course in between my a levels and entry to LSE.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Original post by CEKTOP
No, why would you think that?

Wishful thinking :wink:.
Reply 3112
Wishful thinking :wink:.

The real question is: was the book good? :wink:
Reply 3113
Original post by LittleRedDot
Where did you get this info from?

I study at LSE and I had to hang around that department to sort some issues with my DBS form, so I even know some of them personally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by CEKTOP

Surely you do not mean to say that I can apply for history and write a personal statement on mathematics. Perhaps the OP used the wrong word when he said tutor, but clearly you need to write directly on the subject that you applied for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3115
Original post by silonthesofa
Surely you do not mean to say that I can apply for history and write a personal statement on mathematics. Perhaps the OP used the wrong word when he said tutor, but clearly you need to write directly on the subject that you applied for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, you do, of course.
I'm just saying that none of the applications are handled by the academic staff.
Reply 3116
Original post by CEKTOP
Yeah, you do, of course.
I'm just saying that none of the applications are handled by the academic staff.

But are those selectors who deal with apps proficient in the subjects? Are you saying that academic staff never look at applications at all?
Reply 3117
Original post by benq
But are those selectors who deal with apps proficient in the subjects? Are you saying that academic staff never look at applications at all?

You don't have to be proficient in a certain subject to critically assess a PS. Academic staff never see or consider any applications (unless these are PhD applications), they have other things to do.
Original post by chester1995
Got AAA for Buisness Mathematics and Stats today!

I applied the same course too. When did u send off your application?
Original post by CEKTOP
You don't have to be proficient in a certain subject to critically assess a PS. Academic staff never see or consider any applications (unless these are PhD applications), they have other things to do.

just wondering, the 9 guys you are referring to, are they Admissions Selector or the Admissions Assessor? haha thanks for answering :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending