The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheBlueGuy
Also (sorry to be annoying), how do I know if LSE have received my application? Sent it in on friday night so I guess I shouldn't expect any email till Monday right?

I got my acknowledgement email 2 weeks after I applied. This may have been because I applied early (9th Oct). So, as you have applied late, they may send you one out a lot sooner. Still waiting to hear back from them though. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by gracelich
I got my acknowledgement email 2 weeks after I applied. This may have been because I applied early (9th Oct). So, as you have applied late, they may send you one out a lot sooner. Still waiting to hear back from them though. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you
Good luck! I hope it all goes well for you :smile:
Thank you
Good luck! I hope it all goes well for you :smile:

You too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have applied for BSc Philosophy, Logic and the Scientific method. Being founded by one of my favourite philosophers (Dr. Popper) helps in me loving the idea of this course, but the content does look pretty awesome.

Still waiting on an offer, but at least LSE keep updating me to let me know I am through to the final round of consideration etc. etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3904
Original post by maykay
I applied for Management too - still waiting :frown:
Where else did you apply?

Warwick
UCL
Durham
Bath

Got an offer from Durham :/
Still waiting.......
Reply 3905
Original post by CJY172
Warwick
UCL
Durham
Bath

Still waiting.......

congrats on durham! are you an international applicant?
Ok so I got the "We have received your application" email and the "it will take us 2 weeks" email both on the same day.
Is that normal? Is that good or bad news?
Got the two week mail today. Yay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok so I got the "We have received your application" email and the "it will take us 2 weeks" email both on the same day.
Is that normal? Is that good or bad news?

Yup it's normal- just an acknowledgement- you'll normally receive another email after the 2 week one basically telling you to wait some more :tongue:
Best of luck with your app :smile:
Original post by maykay

Hiii... When did u send off your application? I applied mine on 16 November, for management too but haven't got back any response... So worried now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3910
Original post by CJY172

Why so disappointed? ROFL
Reply 3911
[video="youtube;PxI9MXa7Db8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxI9MXa7Db8[/video]
They just opened up a new students union building. Not that I care, but the video clip is quite amazing.
Original post by historyse5
I applied for Government and History in early November, so I still have 2 weeks until I hear back, unless they reply earlier! I don't think my PS was that strong looking back but I'm thinking positively :smile:

I applied for G&H on the 14th October, finally someone with me :smile:
To anyone else who has applied for Philosophy and Economics, any idea how many offers have been given out and how many people are still awaiting a final decision?

Weren't the stats last year something like 300-400 applicants and only 32 places? :/
Original post by CaptainJaneway
To anyone else who has applied for Philosophy and Economics, any idea how many offers have been given out and how many people are still awaiting a final decision?

Weren't the stats last year something like 300-400 applicants and only 32 places? :/

Take into consideration that they have to give more offers than places, allow double.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3915
Original post by maykay

Yep. I'm from S.Korea and living in Singapore

Original post by May-o2q
Hiii... When did u send off your application? I applied mine on 16 November, for management too but haven't got back any response... So worried now :frown:

I sent my application 27 Nov 2013 and got the offer on 8 Jan 2014 for Durham.

Original post by benq
Why so disappointed? ROFL

I got an email saying "your UCAS application has been updated" or something and got all excited. I was hoping it would be LSE so I was kinda disappointed.
Reply 3916
Original post by May-o2q

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey me too, i applied management also during mid- november.. haven't heard anything....
Original post by kguo2
hey me too, i applied management also during mid- november.. haven't heard anything....

Such a relieve to know that I'm not the only one.. Good luck to you! Hope we could hear something back from them this Thursday or Friday .. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by May-o2q
Such a relieve to know that I'm not the only one.. Good luck to you! Hope we could hear something back from them this Thursday or Friday .. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also applied to Management mid-november, there's plenty of us.
Just posting this here in case you haven't seen this particular thread. If you have firmed LSE, or are planning to firm LSE, then come over to http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2560450

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending