The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4600
Original post by james0527
Got my offer for BSc Economics L101 and got my CIE (international exam board) grades last friday and I missed my offer by 3% UMS :frown: Im so devastated I dont know what to do :frown: Im going to send it for a remark but apparently theres a low chance of grades going up from a B to an A so yeah my other option is going to UNiversity of Manchester... its a big gap from LSE to Manchester :frown:

When did you get your offer and why can't you retake your exam?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 4601
1000th POST :^_^::star::star:
Reply 4602
How long do you have to wait before having a mail ? I sent my app on 13th of January but haven't heard from them yet. Does it mean I'm not a strong candidate ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by okjoy
How long do you have to wait before having a mail ? I sent my app on 13th of January but haven't heard from them yet. Does it mean I'm not a strong candidate ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It usually takes around two weeks but since quite a few people sent their app in the same time as you it could take them slightly longer to reply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4604
Alright, thank you ! I guess I'm a bit impatient :smile:
But with what I've just read on the number of EU students, I don't believe I will make it, but I don't know, there's always a little chance, maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone who has gone past their 4 week deadline not heard after a further week, or are their people waiting more than a week after their 4 week deadline?
Original post by gerald131
Has anyone who has gone past their 4 week deadline not heard after a further week, or are their people waiting more than a week after their 4 week deadline?

Still waiting, been 2 weeks this Friday, after the 4 week deadline passed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Been invited to the uni on 4th of March to sit the UG admissions test \o/
Original post by StretfordEnd

for what course?
Original post by pranatirao
for what course?

BSc Government.
Original post by StretfordEnd

Me too. Should be interesting. Applied to Social Policy as a mature student.
(Original post by StretfordEnd)

I thought they only ask foreign candidates studying unfamiliar curricula to sit the tests
You aren't an IBDP candidate are you ?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by comebackasfire7
(Original post by StretfordEnd)

I thought they only ask foreign candidates studying unfamiliar curricula to sit the tests

It doesn't appear so since I'm a UK student.
Original post by theplanmancan

When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by okjoy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Easy, skippy. I applied on the 23rd of November and apart from the Christmas e mail, have gotten nothing (granted, that seems to be a bit abnormal). So cozy up, grab some hot tea, and get comfortable waiting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4615

when did you receive this invitation and what course/academic qualifications did you list on your application?
Reply 4616
Original post by Marhju
Cool, I'm EU too :biggrin: yeah at least their website says that's the number for 2012, with over 500 applicants :s

I'm an EU applicant too :smile:

are you studying an access course?
Original post by Perks25
when did you receive this invitation and what course/academic qualifications did you list on your application?

I sent off my application in early November and my 7 week email expired two weeks ago. Received the test invitation around 10 this morning. Took my A-Levels back in 2009, achieving AAAB in Geography, History, Geology and Maths. Extended Project Qualification in Sustainable Development. GCSEs 8A*, 3A, 1B at a state school. Attended Edinburgh University for a year on a scholarship but left due to problems with my health. Have worked in Parliament and interned at various environmental charities and non-profit organisations. Currently on a paid internship at a Fleet Street news agency.
Reply 4619
Hello everyone!

Hope everyone gets what they deservee but i was wondering does anyone know of someone who applied for Bsc social policy and economics?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending