The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5580
Original post by Marinaawesome
" The Selector for your course is currently assessing your application alongside all other candidates in your cohort. Please be assured that we guarantee to make a decision week beginning 17 March 2014. "
This is for IR
Applied : 24 October.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

did you send them an email before getting this answer please ?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 5581
Finally got an offer!!! It's not always rejection Friday :smile:
Reply 5582
Original post by Am0312x

congratualtions! any chance this is an offer from the econ history department?
Reply 5583
Original post by grosseban
Agreed
I'm not sure this email is good news though
what makes you think this??
Original post by ida3388
what makes you think this??

Because I got this one instead of the "strongest in your admission cycle one"
Original post by Am0312x

Congrats!
At what stage in the email thing were you?
Reply 5586
im so sick of them delaying decisions. econ history department why are you not giving out any offers???? why why why??? haven't seen an offer from econ history dept. this year! the last one i ever saw i think was early november, and a previous one in late october. (just fyi for those still waiting to hear back from econ history)
Reply 5587
Because I got this one instead of the "strongest in your admission cycle one"

i got the same email last year. yet im still waiting.
Original post by ida3388
im so sick of them delaying decisions. econ history department why are you not giving out any offers???? why why why??? haven't seen an offer from econ history dept. this year! the last one i ever saw i think was early november, and a previous one in late october. (just fyi for those still waiting to hear back from econ history)

Keep in mind that though it may appear that no one on TSR has reported offers or rejections from the econ history department it doesn't mean the econ history department is inactive or that they haven't been giving out offers. Not all applicants are on TSR and not all applicants report their offer/rejection on these boards.
Reply 5589
the strongest in the cycle email doesnt mean ****. im really dissapointed i am still kept waiting so many weeks past the 4 week deadline.
Reply 5590
Original post by Am0312x

What course did you apply for? :smile:
Original post by ida3388
i got the same email last year. yet im still waiting.

So it is not a bad thing that I did not receive the strongest in your admission cycle email?
Reply 5592
Original post by orangejuice.
Keep in mind that though it may appear that no one on TSR has reported offers or rejections from the econ history department it doesn't mean the econ history department is inactive or that they haven't been giving out offers. Not all applicants are on TSR and not all applicants report their offer/rejection on these boards.
thanks orangejuice. i know not everyone uses student room and not everyone shares their decision on the internet.
but i gotta say not seeing anyone posting an offer for the econ history course i applied for this year, actually for any econ history course for that matter on the TSR is making me wonder why. yet i keep seeing offers rolling in from other departments on the internet...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5593
Any offers/rejections for government and economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5594
Original post by ida3388
congratualtions! any chance this is an offer from the econ history department?

thanks! No sorry
Original post by ida3388
the strongest in the cycle email doesnt mean ****. im really dissapointed i am still kept waiting so many weeks past the 4 week deadline.

You are right, the strongest in the cycle email doesn't mean anything - it's no guarantee that you'll get an offer; it just means that they're still considering your application alongside the others and that it'll take "approximately" four weeks though it may take more.

I know it's super frustrating (I was there) but try to remember that you're not the only one who had to wait beyond the 4 week deadline. Before getting our decisions, loads of us waited past the four weeks deadline as well. Every year, quite a few applicants who applied in October don't even get their decision until March. This is so LSE can give fair consideration to the other November/December/January applications. Decisions are not made simply by reading an application and then deciding, 'oh yes, I want this person, let's give her/him an offer.' They have to read many other applications and compare them before deciding if they want to give you an offer.

To those who received that email today, I suspect LSE is waiting for the results of those sitting the Admissions Assessment this coming Tuesday. Those tests will have to be mailed back to LSE from various locations around the world, before being marked, and then considered alongside your applications.
Reply 5596
Congrats!
At what stage in the email thing were you?

thanks! I was 3 weeks into the last email which is the 4 week one where it says that your applicant is one of the strongest in your cohort etc.
Reply 5597
Original post by bechutch
What course did you apply for? :smile:

sociology :smile:
Reply 5598
So it is not a bad thing that I did not receive the strongest in your admission cycle email?

i would say you are not missing out. people still get rejected after that email, and people still get offers without that email. something i am really baffled by considering how promising the email sounds when i first recieved it. good luck.
Reply 5599
Original post by Am0312x
sociology :smile:

Congratulations :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending