Scroll to see replies

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2819597

Can someone help me with this thread please
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 6061
Hey all,

I am applying to do Environment and Development BSC at LSE in 2015. Could anyone give me advice or the grades they got to get in?

Thanks
Original post by muzika
Did anyone were on a gap year and retook few modules and still got offered a places at LSE/UCL? As this year I didnt get grades I needed to get into LSE this year

Original post by bobby2312
I could really do with a reply to this as well, im in exactly the same situation

Hi,

I know exactly how you feel if you missed your offer to get into LSE this year, but don't lose hope, everything always tends to work out for the better. Here I am a year later, having missed my offer last year, hoping to read Law at LSE this October, having took some resits and pulled up my grades! And it wasn't like I'd even marginally missed my offer last year, as I needed A*AA, and got AABB. However, I reapplied - explained my extenuating circumstances to teachers who mentioned it in my reference, changed my personal statement (honestly not by a great deal, I only changed the opening paragraph and the books I said I'd read around my subject) - and was shocked to receive an offer in December last year! They were even kind enough to accept my A grade in Economics, so I only needed to work on improving 2 grades after that.

The best advice I could give you is to ring around universities, and ask them for their honest opinions on resits. For example, Oxford and LSE were sympathetic, but the likes of King's weren't, so I crossed them off my list when it came to reapplying.

If you have any more questions, feel free to message me - I'd be happy to help.
Original post by Cath_C
Hey all,

I am applying to do Environment and Development BSC at LSE in 2015. Could anyone give me advice or the grades they got to get in?

Thanks

AAB and pay extra attention to your PS.
http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/howToApply/departmentalAdmissionsCriteria2015/geographyAndEnvironment.aspx
Hey everyone,

I just updated the OP with a link to LSE connect page - if you haven't already go connect to see other applicants' grades & offers. Also, if you enter your details it will be really really useful for everyone else making their applications this year.

Quick Reply

Latest