better personality Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Which of these people has the better personality for dating?

Person A - chatty, outgoing, witty, narcissistic, sadistic, petty

Person B - quiet, stoical, pleasant, easy going.
Top_Cat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Surely that has to be a personal choice. What works for one person doesn't neccessarily work for another.
maag101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Person A. Because that's me
Happy_Rocker
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
haha i was liking person A up until witty it was all downhill from there
maag101
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm not petty though... just to clear things up. (Although I suspect by posting this clarification, I'm being petty. Gah.)

Maag x
maag101
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
.... And only mildly sadistic. In my defence, I thought it said 'sarcastic'. It's a very similar word!
Top_Cat
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by maag101)
.... And only mildly sadistic. In my defence, I thought it said 'sarcastic'. It's a very similar word!
The pettiness continues!
maag101
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Top_Cat)
The pettiness continues!
*is a little ashamed. But not much* I guess I'll add petty to my list then!
Lucyvet2006
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Which of these people has the better personality for dating?

Person A - chatty, outgoing, witty, narcissistic, sadistic, petty

Person B - quiet, stoical, pleasant, easy going.
Wow are these 2 actual people you're comparing or just a hypothetical situation? And WHY are you anonymous?
To answer the question- it depends on how extreme these characteristics are, for instance if person A is really witty and only a bit narcissistic then that's cool. If person B is so quiet and bland you can't get a sentence out of them then thumbs down!
Person A is much like me + person B is pretty much my boyfriend, but he's a bit of a doormat, just too quiet + nice + has no opinions, we're drifting apart. Having said that I'm not sure if I could cope with someone with my personality. Hmm conundrum.
If it's just a hypothetical situation- well done- do you like 'would you rather'? want a game? PM me any time, I LOVE hypothetical situations.
Note
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think it could be a little less hypothetical and a little more personality makeover - hence the anon. Am I right?
by-torslayshisfoe
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Lucyvet2006)
Wow are these 2 actual people you're comparing or just a hypothetical situation? And WHY are you anonymous?
Huh?
To answer the question- it depends on how extreme these characteristics are, for instance if person A is really witty and only a bit narcissistic then that's cool. If person B is so quiet and bland you can't get a sentence out of them then thumbs down!
Why?
Person A is much like me + person B is pretty much my boyfriend, but he's a bit of a doormat, just too quiet + nice + has no opinions, we're drifting apart. Having said that I'm not sure if I could cope with someone with my personality. Hmm conundrum.
If it's just a hypothetical situation- well done- do you like 'would you rather'? want a game? PM me any time, I LOVE hypothetical situations.
No thanks.
Schmokie Dragon
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
B. I had been in a relationship with an A for two years and it was... difficult. (But I did love him)
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Top_Cat)
Surely that has to be a personal choice. What works for one person doesn't neccessarily work for another.
Why? Who has the better personality?! :confused:
Lucyvet2006
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by numero sept)
Huh?

Why?

No thanks.
Thanks for the comments- I don't really know what you're asking me but I'll try...
Are you the OP? If not, how do you not understand my 1st questions? I mean, is the OP trying to choose between 2 real people or just playing a game.

Also- what do you mean by Why? I mean I would choose a really selfish slightly witty person over a slightly selfish, very witty person. I would choose a really nice, slightly quiet person- but perhaps not a really quiet, slightly pleasant person.

OK 'Would you rather' isn't everyone's favourite game, but it is mine!
Top_Cat
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Why? Who has the better personality?! :confused:
B for me.
Top_Cat
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by DaintyDuck!)
I am definitely A, but I say you cannot have such a definitive list as that! I also have B qualities, and am not sadistic (much ). I think my whatever he is, finds it annoying that I am outgoing and loud :mad: and I too find it annoying that he is so hard to strike conversation with at times. I definitely think overall that A is the better match for me. They always say, pick somebody based on conversation etc, because if you married in the end you'd get so bored, but with a humorous, chatty person you would always have the conversation!

It's really hard to say though, because if I were a man, I'd find somebody like me real hard to handle. I can go off the rails fairly easy, am sensitive, and too talkative as well as boisterous. At the same time I have B qualities, so very hard to define.

Hmm..interesting!
Yeah i'm more A than B too. I figured the OP wanted to know which we would find more attractive in the opposite sex? Strange thread this one!
lost_puppy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Those are just opposite ends of the spectrum...ideally I'd like a bit off column A and a bit off column B, but if i HAD to make a choice, would be B (I'm more of a B, wanted to be an A but can't change everything!)
Anonymous #2
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Lucyvet2006)
Person A is much like me + person B is pretty much my boyfriend, but he's a bit of a doormat, just too quiet + nice + has no opinions, we're drifting apart.
You see i understand the part of being a doormat and no opinions, but whats wrong with being nice?
mute
Report 12 years ago
A would be better for dating, because you could find out what they're like, have a good time arguing and laughing and then leave/stay depending what you think of them.

How could you get to know B, if they don't give anything of themselves and where does the conversation come from. Unless they are with someone that will constantly fill the gaps it would be a lot of effort. B might be better for a proper relationship though.
maag101
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Actually, thats a bit weird. I'm an A and my bf is a B. Wow, I wonder if they attract?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (206)
40.08%
No - but I will (31)
6.03%
No - I don't want to (35)
6.81%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (242)
47.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise