The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anonymous
You see i understand the part of being a doormat and no opinions, but whats wrong with being nice?

Nothing- being nice is... nice! but although I try to be nice to people, I certainly try not to be bitchy or judgemental (within reason)- I do joke all the time + think that some people take offense waay to easily. Some people are too scared to offend as well and will never voice their opinions. My boyfriend is a doormat compared to me because he's very emotional + gets upset if I don't call/text often enough- he's sooo nice to me sometimes he says whatever he thinks I want to hear + I don't get to hear what he really thinks. Not saying I don't like nice people (I'm not crazy!) but if the only adjective you can think up for a person is 'nice' it usually means they're boring.
im a B but i've been told women are attracted to confidence of which i have none. i'd rather be B than mr. popular sounding A
Reply 22
I'm probably B and I'd pick B as well. Loud, outgoing people have a tendency to annoy me.

But then again, my idea of a "night out" is sitting in the corner of a pub debating politics over a drink so that's probably why.....:cool:
hey Thud - there's nothing wrong with being intellectual in a place normally associated with drunken louts.
thumbs up for beinhg different!
Thud
I'm probably B and I'd pick B as well. Loud, outgoing people have a tendency to annoy me.

But then again, my idea of a "night out" is sitting in the corner of a pub debating politics over a drink so that's probably why.....:cool:

The only people I know that would debate politics with me are definately more type A people. There are horribly annoying and ace company people in both categories!
Anonymous
Which of these people has the better personality for dating?

Person A - chatty, outgoing, witty, narcissistic, sadistic, petty

Person B - quiet, stoical, pleasant, easy going.

It depends.

Someone can be chatty but chat bull**** all the time. Someone can be outgoing but there's nothing inherently good about being fun loving all the time. Witty? I suppose people like to laugh. I hate narcissism and sadism , so I wouldn't go out with people with those traits.

Quiet people are OK sometimes, but not when you can't have a decent conversation.
Reply 26
'A'.

Obviously.
numero sept

It depends.

Someone can be chatty but chat bull**** all the time. Someone can be outgoing but there's nothing inherently good about being fun loving all the time. Witty? I suppose people like to laugh. I hate narcissism and sadism , so I wouldn't go out with people with those traits.

Quiet people are OK sometimes, but not when you can't have a decent conversation.

You don't seem to like anyone :p: !
Anonymous
Which of these people has the better personality for dating?

Person A - chatty, outgoing, witty, narcissistic, sadistic, petty

If they are your options, then you are not meeting enough new people. Go meet! Become a "Hi!" machine. :smile:
Reply 29
Ron Stoppable
If they are your options, then you are not meeting enough new people. Go meet! Become a "Hi!" machine. :smile:

What?
Reply 30
rocketboy86
hey Thud - there's nothing wrong with being intellectual in a place normally associated with drunken louts.
thumbs up for beinhg different!

er, thanks. :smile:

Lucyvet2006
The only people I know that would debate politics with me are definately more type A people. There are horribly annoying and ace company people in both categories!

Really? I've never found that, the loud people are usually the ones getting bare-faced drunk.
Reply 31
I'd rather date A. How could you have a deent date with someone who is quiet and stoical, even if they are nice?
maag101
Person A. Because that's me :biggrin:

hehe i was going to say that! :biggrin: Although i dont think im petty! (the first time i read it, i thought wow you have to be pretty to go into this category but really its petty :p: )
Dont know if guys like that though :confused:
Reply 33
Clearly A
Thud
Really? I've never found that, the loud people are usually the ones getting bare-faced drunk.

I find that normally 'quiet' people are the ones who tend to get ridiculously loud when they're drinking, not the other way round...
misslibby
I find that normally 'quiet' people are the ones who tend to get ridiculously loud when they're drinking, not the other way round...

yeah same here :rolleyes:
Reply 36
For a relationship? B all the way. They tend to have hidden depths and in the right company can become much more of an extrovert. And chances are will be more stable.
A's are fun and can be a good laugh and great company for a night out, but can get too irritating too quickly. That and narcissism and pettiness are both traits which are really, really off-putting.
Reply 37
The categories are a bit unfair though. A has more traits, and more undesirable traits, than B. If you put 2 or 3 more bad traits in there then less people would say B.

I think it's A-ist.

Latest

Trending

Trending