Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi everyone,

Im Hannah. I studied archaeology at A-level, now on my gap year working as an Ad Hoc museum and art curator. Been accepted to do archaeology at UCL & Newcastle then Cultural Studies and Goldsmiths.

My dilemma is that:
    1. Im not sure I have the same fire for archaeology anymore
    2. Cultural studies sounds interesting, but scared if its not for me + its less prestigious?
    3. Im a newcastle girl, so UCL seems scary but is a top university and Goldsmiths seems friendly and more artsy but maybe less impressive?

If anyone has any experiences of has done cultural studies, I would LOVE any advice.

Any help on any of those things would be great!

Social and Cultural Studies at Goldsmiths is a diverse degree- you can choose a lot of what you study. Re prestige- it depends on what you want to do- it's prestigious for art, community based work, sociology, anthropology, media, and education.

Hey Hannah,

I have a friend who has just finished that degree (he is actually the incoming Welfare and Diversity officer) if you want to drop me a personal message if you still have any questions and I can ask him to get back to you! I know he thinks its the best degree ever invented!

What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.