Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, TSR folks. I had 2 online assessment for CUSTOMER ADVOCATE role in Hsbc UK and I passed it. Then this week I will be having a phone-interview. Please share to me about your experience- as this will be my 1st time to be interviewed over the phone, :confused: I had interviews before but it was face to face. Your response is highly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I had a telephone interview for HSBC! I got asked, what i could bring to the role, why I want to work there, when have i had to sell something and what barriers i came accross

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I had a telephone interview for HSBC! I got asked, what i could bring to the role, why I want to work there, when have i had to sell something and what barriers i came accross
    Hi KerryF94.. thanks for your response. How did the interview went on? Are you now on the next stage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by future13)
    Hi KerryF94.. thanks for your response. How did the interview went on? Are you now on the next stage?
    Hey Yeah I got onto the next stage

ReputationRep:
    Hellooo! I had my phone interview today and just thought i would help those who want to know what they needs answers for.
    I applied for the Customer Sales Officer role and i was asked to give 2 examples each from HSBC's main values.
    Open.
    Connected.
    Dependable.
    The interviewer will give you a certain question to answer from each value. You can use an example from your private life, work or school.
    Don't be afraid to pause or ask for the question to be repeated! The gentleman who interviewed me was happy to give me a few seconds to think.
    You will most likely find out if you've succeeded in the interview so brace yourself.
    Do have your CV at the ready, house phone number and mobile number, addresses at the ready for the past five years, National Insurance Number, if you've had your surname or name changed be ready to provide your original name. He also asked for my mums maiden name. You will be asked 12 questions if you are successful in the interview! So listen, it's all for your credit check.
    Chill be yourself and smile. The interviewer will hear it when you talk.
    I am due to hear if i have passed my credit check in the next few days. If i pass then it's to the face to face interview!
    Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliceMel)
    Hellooo! I had my phone interview today and just thought i would help those who want to know what they needs answers for.
    I applied for the Customer Sales Officer role and i was asked to give 2 examples each from HSBC's main values.
    Open.
    Connected.
    Dependable.
    The interviewer will give you a certain question to answer from each value. You can use an example from your private life, work or school.
    Don't be afraid to pause or ask for the question to be repeated! The gentleman who interviewed me was happy to give me a few seconds to think.
    You will most likely find out if you've succeeded in the interview so brace yourself.
    Do have your CV at the ready, house phone number and mobile number, addresses at the ready for the past five years, National Insurance Number, if you've had your surname or name changed be ready to provide your original name. He also asked for my mums maiden name. You will be asked 12 questions if you are successful in the interview! So listen, it's all for your credit check.
    Chill be yourself and smile. The interviewer will hear it when you talk.
    I am due to hear if i have passed my credit check in the next few days. If i pass then it's to the face to face interview!
    Hope this helps!

Hey can you tell me the exact questions please. I'm seriously in need of knowing them!!! Help

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please tell me the exact questions asked? Please

ReputationRep:
    how did it go? can u please give me the questions u got asked?>

ReputationRep:
    I've got an internship interview with HSBC tomorrow. I'll try and provide some information with regard to the questions once I'm finished.

ReputationRep:
    For those asking for the exact questions, they're likely to change. I've had telephone interviews, some of them for very well known companies and been successful. It's not a test, if they have a prep site, take their actions. So if you submitted a CV, have a copy on hand or loaded on your laptop et cetera.

Be prepared to talk through it or answer questions on it, same for an application. Read up on standard competency interview question and understand what is bad and what is good, not just a brain dump of what you read or watched on YouTube. The benefits of this are, you'll be far more comfortable when asked, you're able to adapt to different questions which are essentially the same thing and it won't come off as scripted.

For example if you're asked if you've ever been in a team and had to persuade others to your idea, what did you do? You want to cover certain points in your example, you researched and you approached the members to discuss.

As a side note, I don't know if this is true but it's not a bad way to think, prepare well and know they're just making sure there's nothing wrong with you before going on to a face to face interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beerbaitedballs)
    For those asking for the exact questions, they're likely to change. I've had telephone interviews, some of them for very well known companies and been successful. It's not a test, if they have a prep site, take their actions. So if you submitted a CV, have a copy on hand or loaded on your laptop et cetera.

Be prepared to talk through it or answer questions on it, same for an application. Read up on standard competency interview question and understand what is bad and what is good, not just a brain dump of what you read or watched on YouTube. The benefits of this are, you'll be far more comfortable when asked, you're able to adapt to different questions which are essentially the same thing and it won't come off as scripted.

For example if you're asked if you've ever been in a team and had to persuade others to your idea, what did you do? You want to cover certain points in your example, you researched and you approached the members to discuss.

As a side note, I don't know if this is true but it's not a bad way to think, prepare well and know they're just making sure there's nothing wrong with you before going on to a face to face interview.
    HSBC won't change them. For the Kingston area, they're in such a shortage of cashiers/CSOs that they'll pretty much take anyone they can trust. Many just get into the role to try and cheat the system, fail and get fired.

It might not be the same in other areas, but usually it really is.

Just bang on about the same qualities that a teacher needs. You'll be talking to people without an education and who don't really know about the intricacies of a bank... and you'll be working with them too. Anything that shows you're smart, patient and willing to sit down with someone and talk through their concerns is a bonus.

ReputationRep:
    I have a telephone interview coming up on Monday for the summer internship,
    Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I had an telephone interview a few months ago they just ask give examples of where you have been open dependable and connected . The interview is quite short

ReputationRep:
    hello Jea ,
    so what examples did you give them/.?? I have an interview on thursday and I can't think of any examples.

ReputationRep:
    Hi.. Iam having a telephonic interview for Cashier role at HSBC. Any tips are greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the 'Customer service representative' - December 2015
    My interview lasted 45mins i was petrified - key is to act as confident as possible
    they ran through my employment history and asked why i left
    they asked questions about the 3 values - mine were 'connect to customer' and and 'dependable' and asked a series of questions which i found pretty hard (remember to do as miuch notes as you can and a few personal examples you've experienced in these values, i talked through each paper on its key points and expanded on those! the questions can be on work, personal life or education, try an example on all 3 if you can be be prepared to expand on those) questions were: explain a time in which you've had an award and this has benefited you. explain a time in which you have helped someone overcome a barrier. explain a time which you have been faced with a difficult time and overcome this. be prepared to expand on these!
    I'm quite a goofy person so i think this may have worked in my favour as i wasn't 100% prepared, i didn't really know what to expect tbh
    At the end i was invited to a face-to-face interview and was warned its basically 10 times worse so im kinda crying right now lol.
    The lady who interviewed me was really nice, had a slight accent so some words i didn't quite catch so make sure you ask again if you don't understand, i was too awkward to do so lol
    Good luck! Hope this helped.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.