Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I have a rather urgent question:

The official IB grade boundary for Psychology for 7 is a 66%. However, my teacher has been using his own grade boundary when it comes to giving out grades and normal homework assessments. He says that the only time he will use the official grade boundary is during the mocks. Is that true? Because I think it would be unfair if some teachers set lower grade boundaries and others set higher grade boundaries (all of which differs from the original IB grade boundary), so even though I get a 4 in my normal homework assignments and I get a 7 on my mock, how would the scores tabulate up?

Please help me! I'm extremely frustrated with my teacher's marking

ReputationRep:
    8 char bump

ReputationRep:
    IB grade boundaries change depending on the year and the difficulty of the exam, so unless your teacher is using a past paper for the test then he should be making his own grade boundaries. Since the scores you get on normal homework assignments don't count towards your IB score, it really doesn't matter what you get on them. But you should still try to do as well as possible and get good grades in your class time, because your teacher will probably use them for predicted grades.

ReputationRep:
    What you need to understand is that in the final exam the psych papers are marked INSANELLLY hard!!!

The fact that the grade boundary for a 7 is soo low indicates this - it just means that most people get such low scores they have to reduce the grade boundary to a ridiculous low just to get a few 7s.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.